New boy!

Duffman24

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, just introducing myself!
I've been a diabetic since late 1970 when I was 15. Glass syringe stored in a metal screw top tube filled with surgical spirit and needles you wouldn't want to stick in a horse! Testing sugar was a tablet in a test tube with I think 5 drops of urine, 10 of water. Those were the days!
Libre 1 and 2 since I retired 2 weeks before lockdown.
Things have changed!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello New Boy! ;)

I am of absolutely no use to you, being a Type 2, but just wanted to say hello, and welcome! Hope you'll enjoy this place, it's a good one. :)

Jo

Reactions: Antje77

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
Good morning, just introducing myself!
I've been a diabetic since late 1970 when I was 15. Glass syringe stored in a metal screw top tube filled with surgical spirit and needles you wouldn't want to stick in a horse! Testing sugar was a tablet in a test tube with I think 5 drops of urine, 10 of water. Those were the days!
Libre 1 and 2 since I retired 2 weeks before lockdown.
Things have changed!
Morning and welcome Duffman , yes I remember them days I was diagnosed I 1975 aged 16 so we're about the same age ,all this new day tech must be very reassuring to the newly diagnosed , their future prospects look a lot better than mine did at the time .

Reactions: filly

Duffman24

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning and welcome Duffman , yes I remember them days I was diagnosed I 1975 aged 16 so we're about the same age ,all this new day tech must be very reassuring to the newly diagnosed , their future prospects look a lot better than mine did at the tim

Morning and welcome Duffman , yes I remember them days I was diagnosed I 1975 aged 16 so we're about the same age ,all this new day tech must be very reassuring to the newly diagnosed , their future prospects look a lot better than mine did at the time .
For a long time things seemed to be fairly static, apart from getting test strips (did you have the test tube and tablets? I'm sure I never tested very often). I was on pork insulin for a very long time as I was getting dangerous hypos with the early synthetic stuff. Good now, on FIASP, & Tresiba although HOPEFULLY going onto my first pump soon (in glacial terms). I've got a few things to ask the assembled knowledge when I've formulated my thoughts.
Thanks for the welcome all!

• Optimistic
Reactions: JAT1 and Antje77