New diagnosis T2

MadeOfStone

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Recently diagnosed after my first routine health check in years returned a hba1c of 111.
A shock, but looking at the amount of sugar and carbs (especially bread) in my diet and a very sedentary job with a long driving commute, overall shouldn’t have been.
Prescribed metformin and hoping to improve my diet and exercise over the next three months!

• Optimistic
Reactions: filly and Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Recently diagnosed after my first routine health check in years returned a hba1c of 111.
A shock, but looking at the amount of sugar and carbs (especially bread) in my diet and a very sedentary job with a long driving commute, overall shouldn’t have been.
Prescribed metformin and hoping to improve my diet and exercise over the next three months!
Welcome, @MadeOfStone . Hopefully our members can help you achieve the improvements you are aiming for.
There is some information for new members in my signature, at the end of the post. Have a read, and come back with questions, if you need to.

Reactions: MadeOfStone

Impy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @MadeOfStone and welcome to the forum. You'll find many of us here have been where you are currently and this forum is a valuable source of advice on how you can address your diabetes.

You might find this blog by one of our members useful as a starting point. Feel free to have a dig around for anything that you find interesting and of course feel free to ask questions. There are lots of people on here who have managed to put their T2D (Type 2 diabetes) into remission via a change in diet/way of eating, and will be happy to share what worked for them and may be able to help you do the same :)

mouseee

You've beaten my high score of 101 at diagnosis!
You can definitely make a big difference with change of diet and dropping those carbs.