Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Giverny I was going to PM you about this but decided it should be said publicly.

As you know we had a thread (now closed) re the linking of threads to Facebook. Several of us expressed a dislike of this practice. I understand that you personally are not in control of what happens on Facebook and accept this.

I would like to say that I find the new practice of displaying the new profile posts so publicly on the forum home page now to be disturbing: several of us complained because we didn't like Facebook, now the forum has become more like Facebook! That seems like a kick in the teeth for those of us who expressed our opinion on that closed thread (who together have posted many thousands of messages on this forum).
Totally agree. Very disappointing end to a very informative thread. Basically it says we understand many members are unhappy be we are unwilling to deal with it so lock it and hope it goes away. We were promised that Giverny and Admin were dealing with this.

Reactions: 10 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@Giverny I was going to PM you about this but decided it should be said publicly.

As you know we had a thread (now closed) re the linking of threads to Facebook. Several of us expressed a dislike of this practice. I understand that you personally are not in control of what happens on Facebook and accept this.

I would like to say that I find the new practice of displaying the new profile posts so publicly on the forum home page now to be disturbing: several of us complained because we didn't like Facebook, now the forum has become more like Facebook! That seems like a kick in the teeth for those of us who expressed our opinion on that closed thread (who together have posted many thousands of messages on this forum).

I did mention it before that it is tacky, but like our other thread we aren't important enough in the grand plan, don't see the point of it, what's on your profile post shouldn't be flashed about, as you say more like FB every day, so disappointing.

Reactions: 8 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I will have to agree with the last few posts, because at the end of the day this forum wouldn't exist if not for the wonderful caring and some outstanding contributions by members.

The reason for the frustrating and negative remarks would be because of the lack of support from 'behind the scenes, Administration' and if a pm is sent, how many actually get a reply ? and because of our support for one another on here, the frustration gets posted publicly on a thread like this one.
I too dislike seeing someone's profile message on the' front cover' so to speak , unnecessary and too personal.
Please, could we all get a good, sensible ( in plain English) and a positive outcome from this.

We, the members, are not invisible, not insufficient, there is a reason why we are here, DIABETES, so time to step up please Diabetes.co.uk .
Thank you and I will be looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards

RRB

Reactions: 10 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Giverny

I am still getting thrown out of the website 2 or 3 or more times a day and having to sign in again, even though I never sign out or log out and have the "stay logged in" box ticked.

Reactions: 2 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@Giverny

I am still getting thrown out of the website 2 or 3 or more times a day and having to sign in again, even though I never sign out or log out and have the "stay logged in" box ticked.

Still happening to me too, though I don't have the stay logged in box ticked, maybe we have become persona's nongratia as we complain too much.

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I will have to agree with the last few posts, because at the end of the day this forum wouldn't exist if not for the wonderful caring and some outstanding contributions by members.

<snip>

We, the members, are not invisible, not insufficient, there is a reason why we are here, DIABETES, so time to step up please Diabetes.co.uk .
Thank you and I will be looking forward to your reply.

Hear, hear RRB, well said. It would be nice to get a reply that acknowledges that and gives the membership some say in how the forum is shaped.

Reactions: 5 people

munday1932

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
cold weather.People who criticize my town but don't help to make it better.Please can I go back to me user name which is Kentish maid
I would like to go back to my old user name but don't know how to do it help please.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
I would like to go back to my old user name but don't know how to do it help please.

Put this request into @Giverny via PM source (conversations)
Also include the user name you wish to re-use again .
She will sort it for you .:)

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh yeah, we now have BLOGS:rolleyes: although I've never really been a BLOG person. Probably because I don't know what a BLOG is.:confused::(

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it's a place where you can chat to yourself if you don't like what the rest of us are saying. ? ;)

Reactions: 7 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it's a place where you can chat to yourself if you don't like what the rest of us are saying. ? ;)
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Oooooh i need a place like that but then again I'd probably argue with myself and that would only come to blows. Are you allowed to speak in a different voice, cos then I wouldn't know it was me.:happy::happy:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Ah, right that will suit adrian to a tee :p

I don't know what a blog is either :oops:

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it like a room with a table and chair and a lock on the door so I can keep certain people out?:happy::D

K

Kat100

Just need to say , I feel very let down that the tread regarding facebook concluded in the mannor it did ...
Thus leaving some members, who have in reality have feelings which were not resolved ...
I agree an ending was needed to conclude , but as a human being ,I believe in working together ...using communication as a two way process ...

I must also say I was horrified to learn that a profile conversation I was participating in was being shown to all members here and the public guests ..
There are still many groups ...not really one support community ...where we share experiences ....I have to keep removing that from my computer screen ....support community ...! Because I feel concerned about the subjects of FB and public profiles , profile messages ...

I feel so exposed that anyone can sit back and view profile messages on the opening page of this site as we write them ....
I had know idea it was happening and I was very gratful it was highlighted to me ... But saddened it was happening at the same time ..
@Giverny can something be done about this ....anyone can watch profile messages being sent as we write them ...
Good practice is what I aim for when replying to a post , in simple words I like many others do my best to share what I feel comfortable with ..
However at the moment I don't feel very comfortable and won't untill the public profile posts are stopped or removed ...

As for FB well I don't think we really concluded that topic , now closed ...
@anna29 I do feel the issue of public profile posts can be taken to a higher level , I don't myself know who ! just hoping that you can kindly confirm if our messages issues concerns etc , are passed on to someone who has the power to communicate and stop to consider this practice and its implications on my and perhaps other people's feelings ....Thank you best wishes Kat. Just suggesting that something may need fixing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.