New forum member

chadders

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello to the forum

My name is Paul, 56 years old and I am from Nottinghamshire.

I have been a type 2 diabetic for 8 years and have got on with my life without any problems until now. I have been on metformin and glimeperide, now I have started on insulin and it is having a major affect on my life. I am a bus driver and I have had my licence taken from me by the DVLA for 12 months. My employer has been very supportive and is trying to find me alternative non driving work for the next 12 months, this may not be a certainty due to the current economic climate, however I am optomistic about the future.

Grazer

Welcome Paul. Sorry to hear about the licence, but at least you seem to have a fair employer. I'm sure things will work out for you

shop

Welcome Paul.

Sorry to hear about you loosing your licence. Hope that you get sorted despite this economic climate. You will find alot of supportive and helpful people on here. :)

Jas services

Hi get the form D2 & D4 & a diab 1 v from the dvla complete as it states you must have 3 months blood readings twice daily pass a medical and more form filling in then if all is well you should get it back
I have just had my hgv reinstated and I am insulin dependent