New here and odd readings

alancam

Hi there
ive been type 2 for 15 years, currently on 2 metformin 1 linagliptin and 1 canugaflozin a day.
only been on the canuga for 6 weeks, and frankly its been almost miraculous, been getting 5.6's etc.
But the last couple of days, my waking reading has been up to 8 ish, then it goes down thru the day. im eating a 15 grams of carbs or lower a meal eating plan, an have recently lost 10 kilos.

Anyone got any ideas why my morning readings have suddenly gone up....

D

Deleted Account

Are you ill, stressed, are you exercising less ...?

There are many things which affect our BG levels including food, stress, illness, drugs, weather, ...

alancam

just tested again, to be sure and down in the last hour to 6.2 which is acceptable. its a bit of a long story, but i was in an abusive marriage for 25 years. My partner was aggresive controlling nad violent, she left 2.5 years ago, but during the marriage for the last 2-3 years, i stopped taking meds and was drinking loads. with the aim of dying frankly... (too scared to do it any other way) was averaging 12.1 over the 3 months HBa1C. but now met a wonderful woman, and have 2 lovely step daughters. divorce done and house sold .
ive been getting it back in order over the last 8 months. and am now 90.2 kilos, from 102 kg.
It just appears to be my morning readings, as it goes back to 5.8ish by dinner time... im thinknig is my liver dumping sugar overnight?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
just tested again, to be sure and down in the last hour to 6.2 which is acceptable. its a bit of a long story, but i was in an abusive marriage for 25 years. My partner was aggresive controlling nad violent, she left 2.5 years ago, but during the marriage for the last 2-3 years, i stopped taking meds and was drinking loads. with the aim of dying frankly... (too scared to do it any other way) was averaging 12.1 over the 3 months HBa1C. but now met a wonderful woman, and have 2 lovely step daughters. divorce done and house sold .
ive been getting it back in order over the last 8 months. and am now 90.2 kilos, from 102 kg.
It just appears to be my morning readings, as it goes back to 5.8ish by dinner time... im thinknig is my liver dumping sugar overnight?
Have you ever heard of Dawn Phenomenon? Basically, the liver dumps glucose in the morning to give you energy to start the day. That'll make your bloodsugar go up for a bit. Usually it calms back down on its own, or if you've eaten breakfast. There's a lot of glucose stored in the liver (most T2's have non-alcoholic fatty liver disease), and when you go low carb, those stores are slowly depleted, so it is the very last number to come down, but it will, eventually. (I do find that if I had a bad night's sleep, as in, woke often or had really bad nightmares, the sugars are slightly higher than usual. And right now they are because of a cold, as well.)

It sounds like you have good reasons now to want to get back to good health, and you've already dropped quite a bit of weight. Let this new chapter in life be your motivation. And I wish you all the happiness in the world. :)
Jo

Reactions: Tophat1900

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with what Jo said and couldn't have put it any better, but I would like to say well done for getting your life back on track and wish you all the happiness with your new lady and step daughters , well deserved by the sound it . Be blessed .

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So sad to hear what you went through but lovely to hear how your life is now and that you have found the happiness you deserve.

As eloquently explained your morning readings will be the last to stabilise. But your low carb woe shoukd tackle it nicely and you may even find in time you need less meds. Added bonus with your weight loss too. Well done.