sharray

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone im a new member in type 2 had it for 6 yrs was on insulin and metformin but have now reduced to just metformin and very happy about it too, I'm very strict with myself concerning diet and exercise though found I couldn't lose weight on the insulin.
I keep my blood sugar between 4.5 and 7.5 so I'm happy with that.

sharray

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Because I'm wheat and gluten sensitive and dairy intolerant I'm very careful,breakfast can be gluten free cornflakes with oat milk,lunch can consist of scrambled egg (just one),no milk or butter just the egg along with half an avocado,and some raw/smoked salmon,evening meal can consist of half a chicken breast,sweetcorn and half a sweet potato (they are usually quite big so half is just enough),in between meals if I get hungry or peckish ill have apple,pear,or banana,or 10 almonds,I also have salads which will have cucumber,spinach, tomatoes olives capers peppers etc,i drink around 3 and a half litres of water daily no matter the weather and either black or green tea or hibiscus but exercise is also important so I swim everyday too

IncogKeto

You've obviously got a handle on what foods you can eat although I'm surprised to see banana on your list of snacks since they seem to spike so many people on this forum.

I've just started reading 'Grain Brain', having already read 'Wheat Belly', and would like to move away from wheat/gluten myself but find that it's a pretty difficult thing to do.

sharray

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
You've obviously got a handle on what foods you can eat although I'm surprised to see banana on your list of snacks since they seem to spike so many people on this forum.

I've just started reading 'Grain Brain', having already read 'Wheat Belly', and would like to move away from wheat/gluten myself but find that it's a pretty difficult thing to do.
Green bananas never yellow,if you eat a green banana it didn't spike your blood sugar at night ,the carbohydrate carries you through and stops, you feeling hungry but it has to be green,as for wheat and gluten it is difficult, but giving up bread, pasta and pastry has made a difference and taking complex carbohydrates makes a big difference its hard it took me years to get used to it, made worse by the fact that the wheat gluten and dairy intolerance started when I started menopause,iused to have warm milk and toast everynight before bed now, I'm used to not having, even certain grains cause problems, chick peas,red lentils(don't know why) the list goes on x