New Novo Pen Echo Plus

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone use this pen?
I have programmed it in to use with my freestyle libre app.

Do I have to squeeze out a few units before an injection?
If so does that also record on my freestyle libre?

Thanks

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use this for my once a day basal. I tend not to prime, as the pen is static, upright and only handled once a day.
I record mine onto xdrip via nfc scan, but this doesn't prove to be particularly useful tbh. I believe there is a threshold value which disregards small priming doses, I think
What is useful though is the display, which tells you exactly how many units along with time of day and date (a lot more informative than the novopen 5 display)
For eg. I get to work and I think to myself, did I take it. Quick call to my wife and she sends me a photo of the display. Which is usually always yes I did

Last edited:

Rustio

Type of diabetes
Type 1
When you scan the Novopen with your phone, each dose is recorded separately so, if you have done a couple of tests before injecting, it might show on your Librelink app as 1 unit, 1.5 units, 5 units. If you then go into the logbook on the app and select the relevant dose, you can edit between an injected dose and a flow check. (And, yes, AFAIK you should check the flow before each injection.)