New pumper

Minnie45

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone, have just joined this great site and look forward to some great advice and discussions from fellow diabetics. Have been a type 1 on MID for 38 years (since a young child) but in the last couple of months switched to a pump. I love it, 38 years of what I previously new has now changed for the better. Still early days and obviously still learning, I know there's probably quite a few features on the pump (I have a medtronic pump) that I'm not utilising so please bear with me if I ask what might seem like silly questions.

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome to the forum Minnie, it seems like everyone is switching to insulin pumps :)

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi everyone, have just joined this great site and look forward to some great advice and discussions from fellow diabetics. Have been a type 1 on MID for 38 years (since a young child) but in the last couple of months switched to a pump. I love it, 38 years of what I previously new has now changed for the better. Still early days and obviously still learning, I know there's probably quite a few features on the pump (I have a medtronic pump) that I'm not utilising so please bear with me if I ask what might seem like silly questions.
Hello Minnie and welcome to the forum, has it been suggested that you buy the book pumping insulin by John Walsh? If not well worth getting as worth it's weight in gold and known as the pumpers Bible. Can be bought on amazon :)

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Minnie and welcome to the forum, has it been suggested that you buy the book pumping insulin by John Walsh? If not well worth getting as worth it's weight in gold and known as the pumpers Bible. Can be bought on amazon :)

I am starting on my pump in the next couple of weeks and through advice from people on here bought this book. I agree with @CarbsRok it is the pumpers bible. Definitely worth the time in reading! Good luck x

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a great read. I'd also recommend Think Like a Pancreas if you don't have it.

Got my pump today as well, only on saline for now, until next Tuesday.

One of the instructors at Addenbrookes said they have 700 people on pumps at the moment.:wideyed:

Reactions: 2 people

Minnie45

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's a great read. I'd also recommend Think Like a Pancreas if you don't have it.

Got my pump today as well, only on saline for now, until next Tuesday.

One of the instructors at Addenbrookes said they have 700 people on pumps at the moment.:wideyed:
]

Fab thanks I'll have a look at that too

Exciting that you're just starting, all systems go next week. I was thrown straight in, a 4 hour first session with insulin hook up near the end - it was a bit nerve wracking going home after just a couple of hours of actual insulin in the pump lol