new to pump!

mindii

Dislikes
rude or over opinionated, over bearing people. liars,
the rain and the cold!
Hi all,
Well I finally got my pump fitted yesterday! I'm over the moon with how easy it is too wear it ( so far!) Hopefully this is the beginning of a beautiful and long lasting friendship between me and insulin!!
Any advice or words of warning etc with regards to using it would be great though!
Much smilieness
amanda

Libby S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,
I got an insulin pump last August, made such a difference to life :).
I was having between 4 and 5 hypos every day, and very high HBA1C, so i was pushed into getting one, i was very unsure about having one for around two years, then one day i decided to do alot of research on it, and went for it, wish i had earlier. I had great help from my diabetic nurse(couldnt have asked for better). If you have great support, just go with what your told, and you wont go wrong :D

mindii

Dislikes
rude or over opinionated, over bearing people. liars,
the rain and the cold!
Hi Libby,
Thanx for that! Im doing ok so far a wee bit of tweaking needed here and there to get basal rate sorted but thats to be expected. But for the first few days my blood sugars stayed really stable so of course i was thinking
WOW this is a god send two weeks in tho and im waking up really really high so think ma overnight basal needs adjusting a good bit. but that'll get done so onwards and upwards eh?
Glad ur doing well on yours always inspiring to hear that!! :p