New to pumping, finding it a pain!

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
On my pump (Animas Vibe) I can program different ISFs and different carb ratios for different times of day. I think - never used that feature myself because I've never spotted any ratio differences by time of day. Though maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

Miraculously sent via Diabetes Forum App. Probably on the 4th or 5th try :-/

kkkk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was in the Think Like a Pancreas book by Gary Schiner - something I had never come across before, but have found it to be true for me....but then the hospital always used to say to never correct a high at night (which I struggle with when it is 8 hours of no eating :) - I want a good number!)

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Annoyingly the night time one still is a bit hit and miss 3 am this morning was 15.3 but took some corrective and was 6.2 when I woke up so all good and it seems to have stayed there too but the annoying part is I am now having hypo symptoms continuously, I guess this is because of the raised BG since having the pump so im hoping it goes away quickly!
That's irritating. If the hypo symptoms are occurring at a safe level then I would suggest you ride it out, rather than backing off the insulin, as you should soon habituate to that level of BG and your warning signs should shift downward to a level where the warning is actually needed.

Miraculously sent via Diabetes Forum App. Probably on the 4th or 5th try :-/

ChrisWoodward

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah this was pretty much my thought, things seem better today but still floating between 6 and 14, I dont think my hypo awareness will return to normal until my control on the pump is tighter. Basal still isnt right but I need to do some more fasting to definitively confirm this.

lilyfleur

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey, how are you finding the hypo symptoms now? Are you still getting them when not low? I've just been told to run my own sugars a little higher to get my awareness of hypos back, but I feel low when I'm 8 sometimes, and don't feel low when I'm 3.0 other times, and sometimes I'm okay and DO recognise the lows so I don't know if that'll help in my case, it's definitely frustrating when you feel low and you aren't! Resisting the urge to eat everything in sight is tough lol