New type 1 diagnosed 1990

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Good replies,Thankyou all! I enjoy the books (well,mostly some times it can be dull but if they are useful I will read the.)..and will get the one you mention, Scott (for Scottish?)also have seen it mentioned before.What you write does seem to make sense, and I think it should help to take the insulin longer before. D.D I also tested pump, as mentioned at my first post, did you not like it I presume if you stopped? I started doing basal testing,and am very happy about the results as being so sensitive only half units make a difference to me. What messed it all up was being really good for a week.(Because my sensitivity increased so much.)
Anger can be a good motivation though.Feel motivated.About carbs, I have planned not to be very strict,but to have more routine.And I have found my bs is more stable if I eat breakfast around 30grams of carbs,not too late because first thing I do is drink coffee.Suspect my adrenalin goes up and without breakfast on top of that the liver starts doing its job. Does it make it better I wonder, if I drink coffee AFTER breakfast? Any experiences? I would happily swop the coffee for hot water with lemon. Well, another book to read this week then. Thanks so much for talking it really is a motivation!

I had pump for 5 years and all of a sudden I had problems with every cannula everywhere.... tried 3 pumps and all but the tenderlink set and every set caused minimum of 15 hours high levels despite huge bolus's pre and after set change, 3"250% TBR's etc.
Two hospitals and the last manufacturer could not find out what the reason was. Seeing my third twrtiary care hospital consultant today as he wanted me to retry for 3rd time using their pump educator liason persons... which I did until the last day of having 5 cannula failure in 5 hours!
IMG_1485762305.080780.jpg

Gave up and went to tresiba then.

Not perfect control, but tge best I can get with MDI.

Find out today about consultants thoughts on being a diaport guinea pug that he suggested 3 months ago if the problem is mybody.. which has now been proved.

M80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That sounds like a frustrating situation.Hope it works out, the diaport.I have talked about tresiba with my doctor.But have got the impression it is mostly for people with problems having nightly hypos. I do that now, but think it is more too do with extra novorapid repairing high evening/dinner lows than the Levemir.Will see.Maybe it would be an idea to swop.Still have to try getting it right for 2 weeks with the insulin I have.Got annual appointment then.

M80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I just saw on the Sugar Surfing site a text about Dexcom and the iPhone watch.Sounds like a dream come through.Infact I always used to actually have dream plans for the future involving just this technology in conversation with my family. DD,are you getting one? I saw you mentioned it being available dec 2016 for three months?

Reactions: Freema

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Doc pleased with treaiba effect. No need for diaport. Reckons that now I am in the higher 5% of achievers for blood levels...
Says I'm a perfectionist.
I'm not totally happy as its somewhat a struggle trying to figure out the morning highs that just keep me on my toes, day in day out battling with them.

When pump worked for me at least I never had to think day in day out.

M80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well done! It is a balance, do you feel much better when it is perfect? Obviously it makes a difference to be good versus like what I am but then there is lots worse,the dangerous way of just kind of ignoring it.I can live with some highs but being over 10 on average is not good at all.Did you see last post where I asked you about Dexcom?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
No didnt get dexcom...going for the new Guardian instead. Talks direct to iphone, so thats good enough for me... (when it becomes available)-still funded for3 months.. its just waiting for medtronic to launch it...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I do feel better but I'm
A little bit more complicated as I have to try and balance eating mushy food... cant eat a lot of food.

Struggle sometimes with boredom factor in it all but generally find the pain of eating off limit food just isnt worth it.

M80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I looked it up, so it is like a pump with tubing on it. After three months what happens? Is it something yu must pay for ? Is it cheaper than Libre? I really do not like anything with tubing but would consider it if funded. Yes, I can see that being a challenge.With mushy food. Well done though for keeping so well! I am considering Tresiba now.Think I will definitively change.Still have hypos every day.Back at the average of 11.No grey colours on the statistics,just red. But it will get sorted in time.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not had a hypo during night time on tresiba. It is totally flat. All other
basals pretty much still gave me hypos during night. I do not eat after 6pm 6/7 days and do not go to sleep normally until 1am ish...

I waa told by my hospital people that they did not have the exact cost of the guardian and they were waiting in November for the costings of it. They said they had been told it would be more like the pricing of the Libre, but obviously it does alarm in real time
Not relying on the patient scanning arm.

After 3 months we can reapply for more exceptional funding for me if the consultant sees that I still warrant it. We can put in for funding within 4 weeks of the cgm running out as the panel meets every two weeks and the hospital are informed of panels decision within 7days.

Just basal testing during day time as well, there is no peaks or drops like other backgrounds when they start to act or finish acting.

I have a fairly laid back life though as far as exercise/activities. Tresiba did act differently when I was constantly physically active 14 hours a day.

Not sure what you mean by tubes? As far as I am aware the CGM's and certainly the libre are tubeless. They talk wirelessly to pumps or to receivers or mobiles.....

M80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I just googled it and from the picture I got there seemed to be tubing like the pump is, except that it was smaller.To your skin, not to the scanner I mean. But that was maybe wrong.Yes, the libre is tubeless and I do the scan.However a watch on my arm would be even better!
Tresiba sounds good.My days are active naturally with walking to and from places, plus loads of stairs home every day several times a day.But I enjoy the way lower carb higher fat makes sense to those who also can not to hard physical activity, if you understand what I mean.When you had a more active day, was Tresiba as good? What is the result if you eat after 6? Are you an intermediate fasting fan?

M80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Today I am starting the new insulin Tresiba and I look forward to it.Also happy to see the diabetic centre had more staff and resources than they had last year! Hopefully lower bs and more stability will be possible soon.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

M80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Seems I had a parasite that was spiking my bs, so far a great day!!Got rid of it.Like Tresiba too.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@M80

Thats good news that you found out cause... parasite????

Excellent news with tresiba...

I just been told this week that I will be getting my Guardian Connect CGM soon... Quite excited as this week has been full of wonderful surprises all round.

Treaiba has definitely helped me enormously. I can now sleep till 4am before doing my first bolys correction jab to fight off the Dawn phenomenon and symogyi effect...

So pleased to hear that you allowed to try tresiba and getting on ok with it.

M80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes, my bs has been very good.Hope it is a trend that will continue! Yes, nothing dangerous but with child in nursery most things that are common do get passed on.Interested in to what a massive degree this affected my BS. I did not actually think that was the case. Anyway,very happy you got good news! ;) That is excellent !!

Reactions: donnellysdogs