New

helenlavery

Hi there my name is Helen iv just registered and iv been on this site for ages trying to find someone to talk to hope this goes out please let me know

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Helen,

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find a great community here which will help you with just about anything besides getting a first mortage! :wink:
The members have seen or done it all, so please ask us anything. Is it you or your child who has type 1?

All the best,

fergus

KimSuzanne

Hi Helen - welcome to the forum theres loads of people to talk to on here - me included. If there is anything we can do to help just let us know!

helenlavery

Hi thanx for getting back to me fergus and kim just tring to find out how the site works its my son who has diabetes type1 he was diagnosed 3rd july last year iv just got my broadband on so im a bit slow lol

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Helen,

I'm type 1 also, so I'll help if I can. Our resident Dr. Katherine has a type 1 son and also may be able to keep you straight.

All the best (you're getting the hang of this already!)

fergus

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Helen,

I'm fairly new here and have found the community extremely helpful. Fire out any questions and someone will be in there with an answer before you know it!

Sam.

helenlavery

Hi Shedges thanks i keep getting lost trying to get back to my page sent out a question earlier but not heard back dont really know what im doing lol im sure i'll get the hang of it soon

jopar

Hi helen

Welcome

Don't worry you soon get the hang of how site works, we have several mums that belong to the site of children of all ages so there a lot of information available...

Have you taken a peek at the youth section?

Don't worry about whether if a question you want to ask might be deemed as silly, as there is no silly questions, only questions that you don't know the answer to and we've all have asked the same question at some point of our career of being a diabetic...

You will find that there could be a lot of different answers to a question that you've asked, but this is because we will answer the question based on what works for us, and when it comes to diabetes it is as individual as we are, so what works for one may not work for another...

So ask away
Jo

blackbird

Hi Helen
I have a son aged 13, diagnosed in June last year. I'm also type 1. You should be able to find someone to answer whatever questions you may have here.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya helen,
a warm welcome to u and your son, :D

TROUBR

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Helen

I have Type 1 and was diagnosed last April, although I am sure I am a fair bit older than your son! Any questions just ask on here, there are people around on here ho have been at this for ages and whatever the situation you are almost certain to find someone on here who has experienced it and has advice.

I have found this site to be very helpful, I hope you do to!
Louise

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Hi Helen,

My son developed diabetes at 8 months of age. How old is your son? It is hard being a parent of a diabetic. Diabetes really is a whole family condition and not just the condition of the person who has it. I often feel like I'm walking a tight rope. I don't want to be testing Khaleb every half hour and have to trust my instincts with him and the trends I have been following. I hate getting up in the middle of the night the most.

All the best, Jen.

diabetesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Helen,
You've found a terrific forum here!

I have two daughters age 14 & 7, both Type 1's. As the others have said, ask away, there is always someone who can help!
Best wishes
Sue

Orchid

Hi Everyone

I'm Orchid, I'm brand new here today! Although not brand new to diabetes I have had it for coming up for 35 years (type 1). My son and daughter also have it. I'm really keen to join in, but struggling at the moment to find my way around the site and boards etc. I already dived in and made a post on another board, maybe I should have waited and introduced myself first. :oops:

So far I am really really impressed by what I have seen and how well a lot are doing with their diabetes. It has inspired me to want to do better especially so for my kids. Thanks to Fergus for letting me know about this site. :D

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Orchid, I'm delighted you could join us. I think you and yours will get a lot out of being part of a great community here.
Feel free to start a fresh thread to tell us your story, it's remarkable to find a family that T1 has touched so deeply. Go to Diabetes Discussions and click New Topic, whenever you're ready. You'll get a lot of support and helpful advice from all kinds of people.

All the best,

fergus

connors mum

Hi everyone i had to re-register as connors mum formally (helenlavery) dont know what happened but could'nt get in. Thanx to everyone who replyed with warm welome's :D