NEWBIE Questions

moody1blue

Dislikes
Lol Diabetic doctors that think they know diabetes better than myself, after having it for 35 years.
Hello everybody, I am new to the site, but not new to diabetes, I have had it for 35 years, so diabetes is a part of me, it used to rule my life when my parents were in control, but for the past 25 or so years, I RULE IT, IT DOES NOT RULE ME! If anybody has a question about long term diabetes, or just a general interest in the treatment of diabetes all those years ago, then please, Feel Free To Ask me, Karen :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Karen - I'm sure we all look forward to any advice you can give us :)

gollymax

Dislikes
frogs, snakes, snails, football, rugby, diabetes and all the problems that go with it
moody1blue said:
Hello everybody, I am new to the site, but not new to diabetes, I have had it for 35 years, so diabetes is a part of me, it used to rule my life when my parents were in control, but for the past 25 or so years, I RULE IT, IT DOES NOT RULE ME! If anybody has a question about long term diabetes, or just a general interest in the treatment of diabetes all those years ago, then please, Feel Free To Ask me, Karen :)
Hi Moody1blue
Welcome to the site, I have had type1 diabetes for 50 years and just about to go onto a pump :D
I got my diabetes when I was 6 years old, I lived in a diabetic hostel :( in london to be taught how to look after it ( look for kevin baum) if you go to palingswick house you can see the hostel and a bit of a story about me. I found for many years that it tries to rule me, but like you I rule it. The doctors at the hospitals try and tell me what to do but I just laugh to my self, they don,t have it I do anyway I could go on but it would be nice to stay in contact. 8)

Kev

wsmum

Straying from the thread topic a bit, but I just wanted to say how interesting and moving it was to read your story Kev. Are there lots of people on this site who lived in residential homes for diabetics? There must be a book in it as your stories are so fascinating and deserve to be heard ...
Catherine (William's mum)

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with wsmum - I never knew such places existed - I am sure lots of people here would be interested to read about your experience - Maybe you could repost about it in a new thread so that others see it :) - I have a feeling it may get lost here and that would be a shame

sorry for the thread hijack

gollymax

Dislikes
frogs, snakes, snails, football, rugby, diabetes and all the problems that go with it
wsmum said:
Straying from the thread topic a bit, but I just wanted to say how interesting and moving it was to read your story Kev. Are there lots of people on this site who lived in residential homes for diabetics? There must be a book in it as your stories are so fascinating and deserve to be heard ...
Catherine (William's mum)
Hi catherine
Yes there were loads of children at the hostel, I dreaded being there most of the time, I did feel angry at my parents as my mum did not want to understand the diabetes and showed no interest.
I have fought for nearly 50 years with this complaint but have overcome lots of problems.
May be I will list them sometime, anyway there are more people worse off than me :cry:
Thanks for reading my info

Kev

moody1blue

Dislikes
Lol Diabetic doctors that think they know diabetes better than myself, after having it for 35 years.
Hey Kev, its been a while since i registered on here lol but I HAVE RETURNED lol Hows the insulin pump going? Im struggling with my blood levels atm, the Doc says the insulin is'nt getting through :(, im hoping that this problem will help me towards a pump, what do you think? Its great to be back, il try my best to make this site a regular visit :)