Newcastle Diet

SuC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
New to all this. Can someone explain the ND please. Desperately need to lose weight. Thank you.

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The link that Bewildered left you should be a good starting point for you.

I'm on my second attempt at the Newcastle Diet. If you stick with it you are pretty much guaranteed to lose weight.
The diet suggests you do it for 8 weeks but I got so into it I did it for 25 weeks first time round and lost 5 stone.

Back on it again after a 4 month break of low carb diet and been doing it now for 6 weeks and lost a stone so far. Won't do it so long this time round just the 8 weeks.

The weight loss has left me feeling great but the best thing is I am now in control of my blood sugars and have managed to come off all medication including insulin.

I stick fairly close to the diet, mines consists of:

1 x Shake in the morning, 1 x shake at lunch then a large plate of vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower and sprouts) for dinner.

I always add a small amount of Jordans Natural Wheat Bran to the shakes to help with fibre.

Give it a go - it seems a bit extreme at first but you soon realise you are doing it without feeling too hungry.

IT WORKS :)

PS I use the Tesco Ultra Slim Shakes but there are plenty of others available. As long as it gives 200 calories then it will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A lot of people can't stick with the ND unless they have vast willpower.
More people have success with low carbing.

Bewildered

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I lost 2 St 6 lb by low carb diet, I've decided to give ND a go because I still have another 3 St to go, there are a few different diets on the website and various threads where people are using different approaches. I think you have to think about how to fit diet and lifestyle together as best you can.
I was diagnosed in December, went a bit crazy for a while and self destructive. Then I picked myself up, and tried low carb, once I felt I had enough self control to manage that change I decided to take the plunge on ND.
There are a lot of strong opinions in this forum, do what feels right for you.
Good luck.