Newly diagnosed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi! I was just diagnosed with diabetes 2 weeks ago. I just received my lab reports and it says that anti islet cells antibody level is 1/5 ..... Does this necessarily mean I'm type one? I thought i was type two... I'm very confused... Please help

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @abdulrahmanbakr

The best thing to do is to ask your doctor to be sure. Do your resukts come with any more information? Do you have a follow-up appointment?

Are you on any medication?

Reactions: abdulrahmanbakr
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I'm on Galvus ... Besides Insulin (only 18 units once daily) .....and no it just says that the islet cell antibody level is 1/5 ... And yes i have an appoibtment but it's in two days and I'm very worried already can't wait :(

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry, I have no idea what 1/5 means. If you have a follow up appointment and you're on insulin I don't think you have anything to worry about over the next two days @abdulrahmanbakr , just ask your doctor for an explaintion at the appointment.

Reactions: azure
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks so much for yer reply! And here's an image of the report

Attachments

• received_10213571221334331.jpeg
    received_10213571221334331.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 132

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@abdulrahmanbakr That looks confusing to me (not that I know a lot) It doesn't show antibody figures in a way I've seen before.

My advice is to not worry. Don't assume anything about diabetes type. Keep an open mind and wait for more information from your doctor.

Reactions: abdulrahmanbakr
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
UPDATE yes turns out I'm type 1 .... I'm currently on a novopen and hopefully switching to Omnipod soon!! I'm properly managing it (most readings between 4 and 6 thank god!!) ..except for the hypos i'm getting even after reducing insulin dose .... Hopefully switching to another insulin type soon