ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Mind have gone 52 on going lchf then back to 69 on stopping lchf. Then 59 on low carb medium fat then 53 on low carb, low fat.
53 on low carb, low fat with weight loss.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi bluetit1802

Looks like you know what you are on about so does my cholesterol readings look way high or nothing to worry about too much high. I am starting to eat alot less carbs and my bs levels are steadily coming down should this help with the cholesterol.

Thanks

If you look at my previous post you can compare your results to the recommended ones and see that your trigs and ratios aren't good. If you eat the foods that are on that list I gave you have a good chance of improving them. More exercise will also help. Carbohydrates are known to LOWER Hdl, which is the good cholesterol, and yours is only just within standard. Cutting carbs will help with this.

grante

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very well done indeed. How did you find your cholesterol levels. I have blood results online but don't know what i am looking for.
Thanks
You should see your total cholesterol and it is then broken down to HDL and non high HDL

Reactions: Prem51

grante

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi again. I have found
serum cholesterol level 5.9
Trigs 2.6
Hdl 1.1

How bad is this and would you turn down statin if they told you to have it.
Trigs is slightly high 1.7 or below is recommended hdl is ok but could be better (higher)

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
This isn't quite in response to your last posted message - I just love the pic of the adorable wee cat you use and wondered how you managed to get that great posture of the stricken-shock look that devious moggies can display, with laughter behind it? Makes me giggle whenever I see it
It's just a picture that I really liked. I do however have a kitten in the house right now that totally does that. My son calls it his fierce look.

ValWoodward

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Needed to share this. I got my Hba1c results tonight after 8 weeks from being diagnosed.

Hba1c at time of diagnosis was 102 now 59

Cholesterol was 6.2 now 5.5

Doc wants to put me on statins to get my colesterol level down to 4 but I have refused as everything seems to be reducing by it's self.
Way to go - my journey was similar. HbA1 and cholesterol lower end of (below) normal range after 12 weeks low carb and been off any medication for a year now. If you cut the carbs your body will sort itself out I found. Drs still don't seem to understand this! Carry on the good fight!

Philb69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Trigs is slightly high 1.7 or below is recommended hdl is ok but could be better (higher)

Hi grante.
Have read a few of your posts and find you inspiring. I am 5ft 9 inch and weigh 13stone ( 14.1stone when first diagnosed) so would you say these cholesterol figures are terrible or as the doctor said a bit off.

Cheers
Phil

grante

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi grante.
Have read a few of your posts and find you inspiring. I am 5ft 9 inch and weigh 13stone ( 14.1stone when first diagnosed) so would you say these cholesterol figures are terrible or as the doctor said a bit off.

Cheers
Phil
Thanks Philb69. I believe that the figures are slightly off and will rectify with the continued change in eating ( I don't like the word diet) a d weight loss

Reactions: Prem51