NHS Choices One You website

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I replied.

"Do you want to go for best of three?

You say “If we give people the option of not answering two out of four questions in that section of the quiz, we will be trying to calculate a score for eating based on data from four questions for some people and two questions for others.” ……..but since the people are forced, in some cases, to answer with a lie then what are you basing the score on again? Sorry I missed that, could you repeat it?

Also, I admit to being a Type 2 diabetic who tests his blood sugar after eating. It is anathema to me that you say that people should eat starchy foods and by so doing encourage obesity . For us bread, potatoes etc. are a thing of the past and a fun quiz on the subject just begs a response.

Sorry to sound ratty but I have issues with people who give out advice about healthy eating with no evidence to back them up."

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So I replied.

"Do you want to go for best of three?

You say “If we give people the option of not answering two out of four questions in that section of the quiz, we will be trying to calculate a score for eating based on data from four questions for some people and two questions for others.” ……..but since the people are forced, in some cases, to answer with a lie then what are you basing the score on again? Sorry I missed that, could you repeat it?

Also, I admit to being a Type 2 diabetic who tests his blood sugar after eating. It is anathema to me that you say that people should eat starchy foods and by so doing encourage obesity . For us bread, potatoes etc. are a thing of the past and a fun quiz on the subject just begs a response.

Sorry to sound ratty but I have issues with people who give out advice about healthy eating with no evidence to back them up."
Sadly, they will hide behind all the 'research' carried out by Oxford University etc that 'proves' we all need loads of carbs. What they won't say is that all of this 'research' is funded by the food companies

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Good on you, Squire Fulwood, for taking them to task. I did the quiz and felt it was really naggy. I think I'm doing great, but the quiz seemed to think otherwise. I answered honestly at the start and know I still ha e some way to go, but luckily still feel motivated. If I took all the answers based on my responses as gospel, I'd feel like giving up.