Type 2 Night shift

Pollyg3

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I work night shifts at present but in a quandary on what I should eat especially the first night as I am usually awake all day I do try and stagger my meals out my job isn't very energetic either anyone any ideas

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have an English breakfast but leave out the chips and brownies. I mean that they might be on your plate but you don't have to eat them.

Reactions: 2 people

Pollyg3

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol I wouldn't eat them I am well over carbs I don't even crave them now although a chip butty would be so nice thanks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Then perhaps you should tell us what you are going to eat instead of asking for advice.

Pollyg3

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Prob veg and chicken and a yogurt we have no facilities to cook usually microwave

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
My hubby works nights. First night he takes ham or any meat and cream cheese rolled into wraps. He also takes a couple of TUC crackers as they're low carb and some salad and hard cheese. He also takes nuts to snack on during the night. He occasionally takes things to make an omelette or poached eggs.

Reactions: 2 people

Pollyg3

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you I will try that first night hardest cause eaten during day but they seem a good idea I will put some eggs in in case don't fancy veg

Pollyg3

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know I ask lots of questions but I think that the right advice is given on forum n not always clear on websites I do read a lot