non alcoholic beer

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
In a 275 ml can/bottle of alcohol free Becks there is 13.75 gms of carbs. (5.0 gm per 100ml)
In a 275 ml can/bottle of Becks there is 8.75 gms of carbs (3.0gm per 100ml)

harryd

thanks sue, so non alcoholic beer has more carbs. thought i was doing good drinking non al beer as i have a problem with alcohol. am type 2 so back to the drawing board for me.
thanks.

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Sue,

I'm still off the beer, but back on red wine and whisky.

Can you tell me if a brand of bottled beer called Desperados is in your book? It's a lager beer laced with Tequilla.

John aka Wallycorker

harryd said:
thanks sue, so non alcoholic beer has more carbs. thought i was doing good drinking non al beer as i have a problem with alcohol. am type 2 so back to the drawing board for me.
thanks.
Hi harryd,

I think that you'll find wine or spirits are the most suitable alcoholic drinks carbohydrate-wise.

It's the odd glass or two of red wine these days for me because from what I read that has health-protective benefits too other than the lower carbohydrate content. However, I've changed from being an heavy drinker to drinking very little and I must say that I feel better for it.

Best wishes - John

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Ardbeg said:
Sue,

I'm still off the beer, but back on red wine and whisky.

Can you tell me if a brand of bottled beer called Desperados is in your book? It's a lager beer laced with Tequilla.

Not in book but found this on net.

Home>>Beer / Ale>>Desperado

Desperado recipe details
Desperado Ingredients

1/2 pint beer
1/4 pint tequila
1/4 pint Limeade
Desperado Direction

Half fill a pint glass with beer. Add the tequila, then top off with limeade, and serve.
Other Desperado categories

Desperado recipe
Nutrition

(per 16 oz serving) Calories (kcal): : 421
Energy (kj): : 1762
Fats: : 0 g
Carbohydrates: : 21.6 g
Protein: : 0.8 g
Fiber: : 0.8 g
Sugars: : -
Cholesterol: : 0 mg
Sodium: : 29 mg
Alcohol: : 56.7 g

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
if you are talking about the bottled/canned variety ,It's quite popular amongst some of the young here.
In my search I found I mayor who wanted it banned from his town and another person asking why on earth it was allowed to be called beer.
I couldn't find the carbs but the ingredients suggest its high in carbs, I also found it on a list of the sweetest beers with a score of 8/10, (for comparison Fosters was 7/10
I've posted the ingredients, I won't translate as it seems fairly obvious

Desparado
Bière-sucre-arôme (75% de Tequila)-acidifiant : acide citrique- antioxydant : acide ascorbique.
. Saveur très sucrée. C'est une bière agréable, pétillante, et dans laquelle se retrouve une pointe de Tequila. Alcool : 5,9%
Desperado Red (this one has decided to pretend to be healthy by containing vitamin C and saying that its low GI :!:
Bière, sucre, concentré de jus de fruits rouges, extrait de guarana (contient de la caféine), arômes : 50% de tequila, 25% de cachaça), acidifiant : acide citrique, antioxydant : acide ascorbique, alcool : 5.9% vol. Contient du malt d'orge
Taux Alcool : 5.9%
Bière riche en vitamine B,C et PP
Riche également en glucides lents provennant de l'orge et qui libèrent progressivement leur énergie dans l'organisme