Noro Virus and Diabetes

Isis2

I have just come back off my holiday (Monday this week) and I was lucky enough to be able to go on a cruise, the problem was on the last evening I caught Novo Virus, it was rife on the ship, but of course the ship kept quiet about it. I can assure you it was deffo not pleasant for either me or Hubby as he was shut up in the cabin with me, so far he does not seem to have caught it, phew!

I was able to fly home the next day, by the skin of my teeth, otherwise I would have been transferred to a hospital in Turkey :shock: it was just lucky that I woke up felt hungry and had porriage made with water was able to keep it down or in as the case maybe, but deffo had a temperate, but as I said managed by the skin of my teeth to make it home.

The problem is that today (Friday) I still occasionally feel sick and also get a bit light headed, anyone else had novo virus and how long will these symptoms last, I have mentioend it to my docs, but they did not seem to be that concerned about it.

Amanda Hugankiss

Dislikes
Chaos
Re: Novo Virus and Diabetes

I had this a couple of months ago.............and I can testify that at its worst I was fearful for my life!
Hubby was on the phone to my GP who prescribed something for the sickness and worked pretty well.
I felt weak and nauseus for a few weeks after.

During..........if I wasnt vomiting, I was just curled up in the feotal position in bed as every movement made me feel worse.

PS. my GP took this opurtunity, whilst I was attempting to plead for help from him (hubby holding the phone to my head) to discuss stopping my prescrition for Aspirin! as "we dont routinly prescribe it for Diabetics now!" :shock:

Dippy3103

Re: Novo Virus and Diabetes

I had it in the winter and it lasted about three days. My other half and three year old also caught it and were Ill for about the same amount of time, our house was a fun place to be!! Three year olds bounce back, but it took us a few more days to feel human again!
It's a rotten thing to have and I hope you feel better soon.

sue32

Dislikes
false people
I've had it too. Lasted about 3 days. Didn't take any meds during that time and was only able to manage sips of soda water and flat diet coke. It really is awful!!