Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
A bit more info would be good, have you asked for help from your HCP's?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
skipping some insulin injections, eating sugary things

Not good and this will only lead to problems, have you been on a carb counting course such as DAFNE, if not you should ask about one and book your place, however there's an on-line version of the course which you might find useful in the mean-time:

http://www.bdec-e-learning.com/

diabetic12yrs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not good and this will only lead to problems, have you been on a carb counting course such as DAFNE, if not you should ask about one and book your place, however there's an on-line version of the course which you might find useful in the mean-time:

http://www.bdec-e-learning.com/

i think there is something like that but i just thought it was for type 2. sometimes i skip the injection to lose abit of weight too and thats worked in the past

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. Skipping injections to avoid weight gain sadly will only increase blood sugar. If you have been suffering weight gain with insulin the only solution is to reduce your carb intake. Yes, it's may not be that easy to start with but I think you know it is essential and there are many foods that are low in carbs. Don't worry about proteins or fats so it still leaves a good choice. There are various places on the forum where posters discuss recipes and food options or just ask

Reactions: 3 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lots of advice on the mechanics of control there, but have you sought help elsewhere? The constant nature of this condition is mentally wearing as well as physically, and it's not something to be ashamed about to seek help in that area

Reactions: 2 people

diabetic12yrs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
well i also have borderline personality disorder which is a big factor for me, and i do see a pyschiatrist regularly, my diabetes team link in with them too which is helpful that they know and understand. iv been trying to test my levels more and i have been making an effort to take my insulin, its just very hard some days

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
i think there is something like that but i just thought it was for type 2. sometimes i skip the injection to lose abit of weight too and thats worked in the past

There's structured education courses for both type 1 and type 2's, the DAFNE course is for type 1's only.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
ahh ok cool, well i will have a look into it today and see if there is one near me. thank you

You have to do this with your DSN, they will put your name down for the next available course if they run one in your area, the BDEC Carb Counting course I linked to early will get you started on the basics. Good luck!!!!!