1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

not exactly diabulimia...

Discussion in 'Eating disorders and diabetes' started by rosieposie6661, Jun 17, 2016.

1. rosieposie6661

rosieposie6661 Type 1 · Member

i have some type of EDNOS, where i binge heavily (sometimes up to 3 times a day) and occasionally purge and restrict my intake. while not specifically diabulimia, it still makes my blood sugars high and has landed me in the ER a few times. My therapist isn't "qualified" to talk about it, and my dietitian just assumes it's easy to stop just like that. my question is, does anybody have any either resources for people recovering from BED (pdf ebooks preferable, but anything is appreciated) or tips to distract myself?

2. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @rosieposie6661
    i will send you some direct contact details for some people that can help and support.
    I will send you a message in just a moment

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook