not new returning

chrisy2

Hi I'm not new to the forum, I re-registered as I just lost my login details having not been here for a while.
since being on I have had a gastric band fitted and am doing very well, the endocrine team, tell me I will never be free of Diabetes it will hopefully be more controlled as my weight goes further down. My hb1c has come down dramatically since I started out, I have gone from 15.5 to 8.5 and my weight from 175kg to 115kg in just over a year.
I am a type 1.5 and am on Latus solo star insulin. I had not heard of 1.5 diabetes before, as when I was first diagnosed they told me I was a type 2 (probably because I was over weight) and put me on Metrormin which I was allergic to, the hospital I was under said there was no more they could do for me, my Dr refered me to another Hospital and it was them that investigated my diabetes more and said I was not a 2 but 1.5. I can tell you it was a relief to have a good team helping me, and not like the old one that said 'Well you're only a type 2 you can get on with it yourself, look up on the internet and you'll find out what to do' my Dr went mad when I told her that, hence her new referal.
The new team worked well with me for a year I was on new tablets and byetta then they changed me to insulin and byetta, but my weight would not shift, then they offered me a gastric band, and within 6months I was having my op, the endocrine and bariatric team work together and have worked with me all the way, I can't fault them at all. So I'm hoping this is now onwards and upwards, in a much healthier life style.

Tracey69

HI and welcome back,
I'm glad to hear the gastric band has worked for you, sounds as if your going in the right direction.
You sound pleased with the surgery and the care you have recieved.
It's obviously doing your sugar levels are doing well.
Good luck.
Take care
Tracey

bevvy

Hi Chrisy2 we are.not under the the same hospital De we the one that couldn't do Any more for you because you are writing about me only that I have been waiting for over 2 yrs for this surgery and. I communication from the hospital I am positive nothing works for me I have changer insulin and tablets instantly I was even on exenatide didn't work I keep telling them the medication works for awhile then nothing but they don't listen I hardly see the same doc twice at the hospital but they all behave as if you are their regular glance at your notes and your. Looks result and judge you. After 25 yrs I start to feel what's the point I nobody anyway why should they care. Congratulations on you results I have no dreams anymore