Not sure what this is but......

Shipper

Over the last few months I have just about lost all feeling in my left foot, well the toes anyway. I have also started to get allot of pain from my left hip. GP said it was a groin strain and gave me a pack of diazepam and put pain killers on my script. Looking at the net I think it could be diabetic neuropathy.

I am type 1 and have been for five years now, I am a 45 year old male IT Manager with a hectic and stressful professional life, so my levels are usually high. Average would be about 15 mmol/L.

Anyone think this is neuropathy?
Am I likely to lose my foot?
Will my hip just get worse over time?
Or is this just a groin strain?

Any help apreciated

Shipper

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Here is a link to a site all about Diabetic Neuropathy.
http://www.medicinenet.com/diabetic_neu ... rticle.htm

If after reviewing that you are concerned then I would advise you to discuss this with your GP. If not satisfied with his diagnosis, then ask for a second opinion.

Ken.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
You need the doctor to look
NOT all pains are diabetes related :shock:

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
you definately need to see your gp who can refer you, with bloods permanantly that high there is a high chance u will get complications :?

Trinkwasser

totsy said:
you definately need to see your gp who can refer you, with bloods permanantly that high there is a high chance u will get complications :?

Agree with that! Neuropathy is usually symmetrical, if this is only one side it's more likely to be some mechanical damage or other factor BUT either way your BG levels won't be helping