Type 1 Nova Rapid v Fiasp

Steve 007

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have recently switched to Fiasp, to remove the pre 15min need to jab before meal. Have stayed on the 1 to 10carb ratio but since moving the sugars have been high to very high - over last 14 days in range is 44% with 56% above. Nothing really has changed with carb counting and meals/snacks (maybe an odd beer or two more occasionally) so just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar - seems Fiasp is weaker? than Nova Rapid?
Thanks
Steve

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I found Fiasp the same strength as NovoRapid except when my BG is high.
For me, Fiasp speed (and to a lesser extent potency) is very very dependent upon my current BG
If my BG is in the 4s, it works instantly. I have to bolus AFTER eating to avoid a hypo.
If my BG is between about 5 and 8, 9 can bolus before eating.
If my BG is higher, I need to prebolus.
If my BG is in the teens, it's as if I am bolusng water. It can take an hour to move and then plummets due to my rage bolusing.

Compared with NovoRapid, I need more care to avoid the higher numbers.

• Agree
Reactions: Hopeful34

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I found Fiasp the same strength as NovoRapid except when my BG is high.
For me, Fiasp speed (and to a lesser extent potency) is very very dependent upon my current BG
If my BG is in the 4s, it works instantly. I have to bolus AFTER eating to avoid a hypo.
If my BG is between about 5 and 8, 9 can bolus before eating.
If my BG is higher, I need to prebolus.
If my BG is in the teens, it's as if I am bolusng water. It can take an hour to move and then plummets due to my rage bolusing.

Compared with NovoRapid, I need more care to avoid the higher numbers.
Exactly like the above. Also I find the Fiasp tails off abruptly at 4 hours if coming down from a moderately high blood sugar.