1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Numbness in arms & legs?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Annabel_Eve, Nov 11, 2017 at 4:41 PM.

1. Annabel_Eve

Annabel_Eve Type 1 · Member

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone else experienced this...

woke up this morning & couldn't feel or move my right arm & leg!!! Complete loss of sensation. Tested my blood & it was 3.9, so not as low as it usually is on a hypo. Had some glucose tabs, waited & then my leg came back to life, my arm however took a little longer. Within about 30mins I was back to normal again & have had no problems since.

I have never had anything like this before, just the odd numb arm if I sleep on it!

Thanks o_O

2. Lally123

Lally123 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Needs checking out by a doctor. Raises the possibility of a transient ischemic attack (TIA). probably not but you.definitely need some advice on that.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Jo123

Jo123 · Well-Known Member

Hi Annabel, I would see a doctor about that sooner than later, I would worry that it was a TIA, but I'm not a doctor!
    After the event if they suspect it was they will treat all your stroke risk factors aggressively.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Annabel_Eve

Thank you, I will definitely get checked out by my doctor

5. Annabel_Eve

Thanks Jo. You can tend to just brush things off, but after both replies I will definitely be seeing my doctor.

6. Jo123

Jo123 · Well-Known Member

Good luck annabel, hopefully it will be nothing.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook