Nurse unable to draw blood - tips for tiny veins?

sofy

Hiya. I went to the GP on Friday and the nurse was to draw 4 vials of blood. She was unable to find a vein. She tried all her tricks to get a vein to appear. She asked me if I had drank any water while fasting and I replied that I hadn't. I have another appointment tomorrow. She said to drink a glass of water before coming to the appointment.

Has this happened to anyone before and are there any other tips/tricks to get my veins to pop out a bit more?

Also, she said if she was unable to draw blood tomorrow, that I could go to the hospital to have it done. What would they do differently there?

Lastly, when the GP told me I was going to have blood work done, she listed several things they would be testing. I think she said blood glucose, liver, kidney - maybe something else? Thyroid? Does anyone know what is standard for these tests?

Thank you!
just thought id mention for a laugh .wen I was pregnant had to have 12 blood samples .not all at once but took most of the day .the student did them was walking down the hallway,suone bumped into him and he dropped the lot .had to do them all over again .seems funny now ,but it wasn't at the time xx te he xx

sofy

Don't worry. The Hospital will probably get bloods without much trouble as they are more experienced. If they fail to then they will use your hand where the veins are more prominent.
that's a laugh .they were worse at the hospital than the junior nurse at my clinic xx