odd readings on Accu Check Mobile

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Drivers who speed in built up areas
Hi been using Accu check mobile meter for the last few days ,yesterday 2 hr post meal 5.8 this same reading after breakfast ,lunch,dinner curious the this morning post breakfast 5.8 thats4 readings the same one after the other,spoke to Accu check and they are sending a control liquid(I think)does make me think it's faulty,anyone else having problems with is meter ?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
When the Accu-Chek Mobile first came out my DSN give me one as the rep was wanting feedback, I found the meter was reading high all the time for some reason, plus found the meter to be too bulky and clumsy to use, however the meter has been updated since its introduction so expect these issues have been resolved.

Did the meter not come with the control solution Barry, they generally do.

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
When the Accu-Chek Mobile first came out my DSN give me one as the rep was wanting feedback, I found the meter was reading high all the time for some reason, plus found the meter to be too bulky and clumsy to use, however the meter has been updated since its introduction so expect these issues have been resolved.

Did the meter not come with the control solution Barry, they generally do.
No just in a fancy box,I have been using Accu check Aviva but some one told me the are discontinuing this but don't take my word for it but someone said it tome

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
No just in a fancy box,I have been using Accu check Aviva but some one told me the are discontinuing this but don't take my word for it but someone said it tome

They do tend to discontinue them when new meters come on the market, the Aviva Nano is another great meter from Accu-Chek.

4 bg readings in a row stating the same bg reading does seem unusual but could be possible just the same, just the same do the control test just to put your mind at rest that the meter is working fine.

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
They do tend to discontinue them when new meters come on the market, the Aviva Nano is another great meter from Accu-Chek.

4 bg readings in a row stating the same bg reading does seem unusual but could be possible just the same, just the same do the control test just to put your mind at rest that the meter is working fine.
Yes I will do the test if only fo my peace of mind I've never had readings like that before,I don't think they are bad readings if the meter is correct

Reactions: 2 people

zjed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lazy Doctors and Endos
I find the Mobile very sensitive to the amount of blood you get on the test area. If you don't get a good drop on, the reading will be high. It is very convenient, but not the most accurate meter.

Barry Holt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good Morning test solutions arrived this AM so I duly performed the high and low range test,both test right in the middle of the respective ranges so odd readings appear to cover the strange results ,nothing to worry about thankfully

Dyadya_Maykl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance.
I use an Accu-Chek. It is great, and seems accurate. It has an integrated blood lancet device - which takes cassettes of 6 test lancets. My meter takes cartridges of 50 test capability. I have some points that are worth airing.
The meter plays up sometimes - and give funny messages. I have found that in those cases I set to changes the cassette, and reload it. All results are maintained, and the meter goes to the right place in the cassette.
The meter can sometimes accept the blood sample, and times away, but comes up with an error message indicating insufficient blood. Irritating. Usually the case when my blood is very low.
There is no calibration liquid.
For its faults I find the device great. It frees me from messy bloody strips, and the prick cartridge saves me from loads of sharps.However I do wonder why other manufacturers badger me with meters which only take individual prewrapped test strips. I also wonder why my test strip cartridge is only 50 tests, why can't this be increased to 100 or more? Similarly, why the pricker device is only 6 pricks - many more would be really useful.
It is a great unit.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You can get many more pricks if you don't rotate the finger pricker after every test. I hardly ever have to change lancets.

I agree the "insufficient blood" and "meter error" events are annoyingly frequent. If you get odd readings make sure you are washing your hands and applying the drop correctly - don't wipe or push.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Barry Holt: Not with an Accu Chek but I find that I often get series of very close (and occasionally a few identical) readings over a day's testing. e.g 6.1, 6.2, 6.2, 6.5, 6.0, 6.2, over a couple of days recently. I've always considered nice flat levels to be "A Good Thing" as I assume they're giving my poor beleaguered pancreas a bit of an easier time... So just be happy! :p

Robbity