Odd

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just tested my bs only an hour after eating have a bit of a headache so thought my bs or blood pressure could be high but after 4 pricks much hand washing my bs was 3.9 I haven't broken out my glucose tabs although they are sat beside me as I want to see if my lunch will bring it up a bit also I feel it might be useful if I can recognise early symptoms of a hypo?
Am I playing a dangerous game? Is the headache a warning
I won't hold any one responsible for their comments I realise we are all very different in our reactions to the same disease
Thanks in advance for comments
Have a good weekend everyone
Jan
Please if you think I'm being irresponsible do yell at me

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I have found that a mild headache has often preceeded me going too low e.g. low 4's or into the 3s. I usually also feel a bit 'spaced-out'.

Reactions: 2 people

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok I hit the panic button and had a glucose sweet when my ears started ringing my bs was 3.3 might have left it a bit longer if I wasn't home alone its now almost 2 hours after my lunch decided my bs wasn't going to come up by its self
Jan
Thanks Diabell for your relpy

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok I hit the panic button and had a glucose sweet when my ears started ringing my bs was 3.3 might have left it a bit longer if I wasn't home alone its now almost 2 hours after my lunch decided my bs wasn't going to come up by its self
Jan
Thanks Diabell for your relpy
Always best to play safe. Hope you are ok

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone I'm fine my bloods are back to low 5s after tea, I'm keeping an eye on it over night. It was quite scary when they kept dropping, and thank goodness I have found this site
I think I might try to get my bs to between 6 and 7 before I turn in for the night
Thanks again
Jan
Have a great weekend everyone

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A bit of a headache exactly describes a hypo that is on its way, also eyes blurring, feeling warm and sweaty, giddy, dizzy etc. Shaking!
You could also feel angry, frustration and fed up!

A low carb meal is usually necessary after your remedy of a glucose tablet.

For me a cuppa (black and no sugar) and a plain biscuits doesn't spike me for a mild hypo.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What did you have for lunch? Or do you know why you went low?

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a salad with an egg the salad was made up of the usual stuff leaves, beetroot and tomato followed by strawberries and cream
Thanks for the bit about a small meal nosher I'll remember if I go low again, I can't think of any reason My should drop the only thing Thats been happening is my back has been really painful for a few days not sure if chronic pain would cause my bs to fluctuate much
Cheers
Jan

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Chronic pain distorts the wife's blood glucose levels regularly but usually higher. Hopefully the low, was your body adjusting to lower levels.
Just watch your levels the next few days.
I had a salad with an egg the salad was made up of the usual stuff leaves, beetroot and tomato followed by strawberries and cream
Thanks for the bit about a small meal nosher I'll remember if I go low again, I can't think of any reason My should drop the only thing Thats been happening is my back has been really painful for a few days not sure if chronic pain would cause my bs to fluctuate much
Cheers
Jan

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Chronic pain distorts the wife's blood glucose levels regularly but usually higher. Hopefully the low, was your body adjusting to lower levels.
Just watch your levels the next few days.
Hi Nosher
Sorry to hear your wife suffers from chronic pain it's horrendous
I have spent today with my blood sugars between 3 and 3.8 I will see what tomorrow brings then half my Gliclazide I did wonder if a hypo was when your bs dipped below 4 or if it was how you felt at least I know how it does feel to be low
Enjoy your weekend and thanks for advice
Love to you and your wife
Jan

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Nosher
Sorry to hear your wife suffers from chronic pain it's horrendous
I have spent today with my blood sugars between 3 and 3.8 I will see what tomorrow brings then half my Gliclazide I did wonder if a hypo was when your bs dipped below 4 or if it was how you felt at least I know how it does feel to be low
Enjoy your weekend and thanks for advice
Love to you and your wife
Jan
It has to be your meds. Gliclizade will bring you down to hypo levels.
My consultant insists hypos begin at around 3.5mmols, but no one is the same and meters can be out a little.
You may have to have a word with your medical team about reducing your meds.
There is no mention of your meds on your information page.
That's why I didn't suggest it before.
The wife has two prolapsed discs, and one is trapping her sciatica nerve, she is T2, and doesn't get about much. She is a walking pharmacy! On top of that she has severe hrt problems.

Have a nice weekend.

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Nosher and mrs Nosher
I too have trapped static nerves both legs sympathy to you
I am taking 1 Gliclazade and 3 metaformin a day plus a cart load of blood pressure pain killers and antidepressants
I have an appointment with the diabetic nurse on the 23rd of May but I will ring her on Monday if my sugar is still down tomorrow
Thanks again love to both of you
Jan

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My sympathies to you on your ailments, It's horrible what that is like!
Yes, phone up, and tell them that you are going low repeatedly.
You may have to have more tests though!