Omnipod

Turner90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I am due a new pump and I have been given the option of four. One of them in the omnipod. Is anyone on this and what are the pros and cons for it. All I know is it's not got the wire. Thanks lee

joanne75

Hi, I am due a new pump and I have been given the option of four. One of them in the omnipod. Is anyone on this and what are the pros and cons for it. All I know is it's not got the wire. Thanks lee
Hi I am due to start on the omnipod in July, have done some research online and all seems promising and yes it doesn't have a wire which swayed me really, there are some people on here who use the Omnipod maybe someone will be along shortly to help you :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi @Turner90

There's a few of us on here who use the Omnipod Pump, I've been on it since Feb 2015 (it was my first pump) and opted for it over others as it was a tubeless pump.

So far I can't really fault it and hope next year I'll get the chance to continue with the pump, YouTube has some good video's of the Omnipod Pump in use with some useful user feedback ............so do have a look on there to help you decide, but I'd also encourage you to have a look at the other pumps on offer and weigh-up the pro's & con's of them all. Best wishes.

Reactions: Turner90

tircoed

Hi i have been on the Omnipod since November and love it, i find it easy to use and love not having the tubing,this is my first pump so cant compere it to any other pumps.

D

Deleted Account

I was not given a choice so I am using an Animas Vibe.
In a recent discussion with the Animas sales rep, I was asking her what improvements they had in the pipeline suggesting maybe a tube less pump like the Omnipod might be a good idea (as well as a user interface from the 21st century). She told me Animas were not going down the tubeless route because they didn't like the delay between the controller and the pump. I am not sure why this would be or whether she was just delivering fud about the Omnipod.

Turner90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Turner90

There's a few of us on here who use the Omnipod Pump, I've been on it since Feb 2015 (it was my first pump) and opted for it over others as it was a tubeless pump.

So far I can't really fault it and hope next year I'll get the chance to continue with the pump, YouTube has some good video's of the Omnipod Pump in use with some useful user feedback ............so do have a look on there to help you decide, but I'd also encourage you to have a look at the other pumps on offer and weigh-up the pro's & con's of them all. Best wishes.
Thanks for the info. I am currently on the accu chek combo. But like the idea of no tube. Currently weighing up the options now and need to make a decision by 13th June.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
She told me Animas were not going down the tubeless route because they didn't like the delay between the controller and the pump. I am not sure why this would be or whether she was just delivering fud about the Omnipod.

As long as the PDM and Pod are in range of each-other there's no delay :)

saruhbeau

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No personal experience but a good friend has one and loves it. If I got funding and the omnipod was an option it would be my first choice.

Only thing is each pod carries up to 200 units of insulin. If you use a lot of insulin you may need to change pods more often.

MrsSoap

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I too am starting on the Omnipod pump in July @joanne75 and can't wait. I wasn't given the choice of pumps but more that my hospital like to start people at the same time on the same pump. I'm pleased because i like the sound of not having the tubing and it looks quite neat. It feel like its been a long journey to get this far but i'm hoping that it will have all been worthwhile and i will love it as much as others appear to.