One-hour surgery gets blood glucose under control

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It does involve a saw and some risk however, so it's not for the squeamish.

Well okay I didn't take any readings, but I presume it must have helped because I was knackered by the end of it.

Thank you British weather for this medical breakthrough:)

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At least you conquered the treefall problem, @AdamJames, and as a by-product, must have helped your muscle preservation in the process. Hope it turns out ok when you get round to measuring BG. If it was me, sadly my levels go way high after strenuous exercise, so a gentle stroll is as far as I can go (that's my excuse anyway). :)

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At least you conquered the treefall problem, @AdamJames, and as a by-product, must have helped your muscle preservation in the process. Hope it turns out ok when you get round to measuring BG. If it was me, sadly my levels go way high after strenuous exercise, so a gentle stroll is as far as I can go (that's my excuse anyway). :)

That's interesting that strenuous exercise makes your bg go up, I've read about that phenomenon. It's fascinating just how different everyone is.

So far I seem to be boringly predictable on most things I've measured. My bg always goes down overnight so my morning readings are the lowest, and exercise always lowers my bg. I've been experimenting with stuffing myself with carbs then going on walks recently and am quite surprised with what I can get away with. And just recently I raced around my usual walk including the ascents, getting the time down from just over an hour to 50 minutes, constantly breathing heavily and sweating. It was knackering and I wondered if I was going to experience the raised-bg-after-strenuous exercise thing, but no, it seemed to lower my bg even more!

So my body is boringly predictable but that can be quite useful in terms of lifestyle planning at least!