One of those days

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I seem to have the reverse and my sugar kept crashing yesterday evening and then over night I had a horrible hypo. Treated them but hypo again This morning :( no reason - not done extra activity, not eaten differently. Not impressed!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My day levelled out yesterday, correction worked fine. But I had pizza for dinner.... 5.7 before bed so had a Jaffa cake (forgetting pizza delayed digestion)

11.6 this morning. I'm having a screw you diabetes week. It's not cooperating at all! I think everything little high is my honeymoon ending. Got the clinic on Friday so hoping my hba1c isn't horrific this time

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is the luer lock the bit that connects the tubing to the reservoir?

iHs

Is the luer lock the bit that connects the tubing to the reservoir?

Yes, the luer lock is at the end of tube and its what is used to attach the tube to the cartridge in the pump using an adaptor like Accu chek use or just a straight push and twist onto the luer neck on the cartridge itself.

Accu chek use luer and so does Animas.... not sure but think Cellnovo do as well....

iHs

I seem to have the reverse and my sugar kept crashing yesterday evening and then over night I had a horrible hypo. Treated them but hypo again This morning :( no reason - not done extra activity, not eaten differently. Not impressed!!

It can take a while to gets to grips with dealing with the bg changes that happen with pumps as pumping makes everyone sensitive hence the need to test frequently. Just as you think all the settings are correct, they are sometimes only correct for about 7-10 days and then bg levels might change and you sometimes need to be Sherlock to work out the reasons. Sometimes there's no reason and so you just have to go with the flow and look to see if the same thing happens 3 days in a row and then unfortunately, eyes down, change the settings......

Most people will need slightly more insulin to deal with a small amount of weightgain through eating more food over Christmas and also when the weather gets cold