One small step for diabeteskind

DevonVee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
Got my results today
After 2 months of lchf I have got my Hba1c down from 53 to 47 and lost about 10lbs in weight
As I have said before after 25 yrs of insulin resistance with PCOS and a lot of stupid diets that is no mean feat
Not huge drop in Hba1c but as GP said good after only 2 months. Cholesterol down a bit but still high. Said no to statins before they were pushed. Another blood test in 3 months to see how I get on.
:):)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done @DevonVee! A drop of 6 to pre-diabetic level is good in just two months, as is the 10 lbs weight loss. Hopefully you will get down further to non-diabetic levels by your next test. Keep up the good work! :)

DevonVee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @DevonVee! A drop of 6 to pre-diabetic level is good in just two months, as is the 10 lbs weight loss. Hopefully you will get down further to non-diabetic levels by your next test. Keep up the good work! :)
Thank you. Having read lots on this forum has helped loads.

Reactions: AM1874 and Prem51

Robkww

Great result after what sounds like a long uphill battle against out dated dietary advice. Low carb is helping me - blood sugar and cholesterol - and I'm sure if you keep it up you will improve further. All the best!

Reactions: Prem51

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @DevonVee .. Great results, well done. I'm seeing my Doc this afternoon (for the first time since diagnosis) and I'm hoping for equally positive news ...

PS .. love the title of your post, by the way ...:happy::happy:

Reactions: Ronni.p and Prem51

DevonVee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @DevonVee .. Great results, well done. I'm seeing my Doc this afternoon (for the first time since diagnosis) and I'm hoping for equally positive news ...

PS .. love the title of your post, by the way ...:happy::happy:
Fingers crossed:nailbiting:

DevonVee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I stopped eating pasta bread white rice, most potatoes. I can tolerate brown rice, small amounts of porridge,
Used Lidl high protein rolls instead of bread.
Plenty of vegetables but avoided starch ones. Basically lchf. But what works for me may not work for you. You need to test to see what impact each carb has on you. For example I cannot eat cous cous even in tiny amounts as my blood glucose went sky high. Because I am eating more fats I am getting around the insulin resistance caused by PCOS so my weight is dropping slowly. I do not calorie count at the moment because I am still getting my head around the diabetes and my aim was to get glucose levels down. Weight loss was a bonus. When I get more organised then I will hit the dieting with a vengeance.
Hope that helps.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done!

Losing weight with pcos ain't easy, so that is a brilliant achievement. :D

DevonVee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done!

Losing weight with pcos ain't easy, so that is a brilliant achievement. :D
Thank you
That means a lot come from the Queen.:):):):)
I only wish that women who have been diagnosed with PCOS were given more information about the likelihood of t2 diabetes. I was given little even though I had gestational diabetes both times when I had my children.
I have recently spoken to a couple of women who have PCOS but don't yet have diabetes and are struggling with weight loss. I advised them to look at the forum to see what else they could do.

Reactions: Prem51

Robin Ah-Sing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did the same...no carb...and exercise...I have not needed insulin for 5 weeks now.this site got me to understand that I am type2 on insulin and not type 1 as I thought. Will keep keep up the diet and cycling as I now know that there is a possibility of remission.

Reactions: Prem51 and nataraj

nataraj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Robin Ah-Sing as your statement you have not needed insulin for 5 weeks so you controling BS very well. BTW please share your diet and your activity and any tablets are you taken