One year on from more fat

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Trail and error:
20 grams coffee beans, ground fine and used to filter 500 mls, allow to cool.
Mix 50 g chia seeds, 20 g cocoa, 50g unsweetened peanut butter and blend in cool coffee, mix well and add coffee in stages.
Fridge overnight,
5 servings of about 125 g, to which I add 30 g nuts and some pomegranates.

Fresh Mackerel is lovely stuff, smoked is not too bad either.

BP: mine is better, my whole health thing kicked off with Sunday nights arrhythmia... blood tests.... high glucose.... arrghhh...

Pip pip
Hj

Thanks HJ
I have all the ingredients except the pomegranates that I will pick up. Sounds lovely. I guess I could add in the flax seeds to this as well.

2nd day of less coffee. Todays water falvoured overnight with orange & lorus flavour green tea. Lemon, lime and a couple segments of fresh orange!! Yesterdays with cucumber was ok but cucumber taste was quite stong. Will have to go back to adding cucumber as already have 4" cucumbers now growing in greenhouse and 6 cucumber plants so I'm going to be inundated by the end of May throughout the summer!

I think @Brunneria is also right with thoughts that I am finding as well that my BP is hugely better for having better selection of foods suitable to my body. Any grained products completely throw my body in a downward slide now. Unless my food is untampered with my body reacts badly.

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Update with hubby being on the med eating but with 40mg atoravastatin....

His total us now 3.6
Trigs 0.8
LDL 2.0
HDL 1.2

Any advice? He not diabetic.. Add in more good med oils??

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Update with hubby being on the med eating but with 40mg atoravastatin....

His total us now 3.6
Trigs 0.8
LDL 2.0
HDL 1.2

Any advice? He not diabetic.. Add in more good med oils??

I'm no expert by any means but I would have thought his gp might have suggested lowering the Artovastatin dose given his recent set of results.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I would have thought that too... Esp as HDL i knocked lower by statins and we csn continue to increase the med diet good oils, avocado etc. the statins have wiped his hdl down along with lowering everything else though.
I was going to suggest to hubby that perhaps he could ask GP to go to 20mg instead..

They just filed his bloods as good and normal...

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I would have thought that too... Esp as HDL i knocked lower by statins and we csn continue to increase the med diet good oils, avocado etc. the statins have wiped his hdl down along with lowering everything else though.
I was going to suggest to hubby that perhaps he could ask GP to go to 20mg instead..

They just filed his bloods as good and normal...

When looking into statins a few years back I read an article that said Artovastatin was as effective in a low dose as
Simvastatin is in a higher dose, so a 20mg dose of Artovastatin would work the same as Simvastatin would in a 40mg dose, in your husbands shoes I'd either discuss having a trial period off them and see how he gets on or ask about lowering the dose, I do think that cholesterol levels can drop too low and this isn't good as we do need some cholesterol in our bodies.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Total cholesterol of 3.6 sounds way too low to me. As you say the statin will be taking out HDL and the bigger LDL particles which you don't want to do. And co-enzyme Q10 and other vital body products as collateral damage. But you probably know my views on statins ...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Total cholesterol of 3.6 sounds way too low to me. As you say the statin will be taking out HDL and the bigger LDL particles which you don't want to do. And co-enzyme Q10 and other vital body products as collateral damage. But you probably know my views on statins ...

Same as mine I believe. I don't tolerate them at all.

He going to speak to GP about lowering the dosage....

As my figures improved (but his always were worse) then it looks like the statins are killing off a lot of the hdl as well...

I know we have individual genetics.. But still believe that although everything else has lowered I'm troubled by the HDL going lower too....has to be above 1.0 and it is only just above.... Despite all the meditereanean foods etc that are so hugely part of our lifestyle of eating now...

Last edited by a moderator: