Operation

K

Kat100

Just home after an operation where straining is not possible...feel really unwell treated as a diabetic in hospital!!!!!Ie given loads of orange juice after I was very sick to raise the bg levels.....I m a type 2 reading were 3.9 to 11 fluids only for to days....now I am home...waiting to get back to my diet based on hba1c readings.....problem is I have been given lactlose for a few days and I am not sure this is right for me to take or not, any help please....thank you to anyone who can help.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
The lactulose is to combat constipation that often comes after a general anaesthetic. I'm not sure if it will raise your blood glucose but anything is better than post op chronic constipation and I speak from experience.

K

Kat100

Hi Hobbs thank you....I will give it a go you are right..anything is better....feeling awful at moment...but glad to be home

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi I hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

Take care with best wishes RRB :)

K

Kat100

Thank you...Robinredbrest......about 3 months to recovery.....I will sit and watch the wildlife....keep me busy with your July theme.....
So kind of you to think of me k

Westie2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The lactulose is not adsorbed by the body as it is an osmotic laxative and so should have no effect on your blood sugars. Also be aware it takes a few days to have an effect, so needs to be taken regularly.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App