Oppo Ice cream

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mission accomplished. On offer in my Waitrose too, and they accepted the voucher so £2.74 for the tub. And a 40 minute round trip on foot to get it brought my blood sugar down to 5.1 before eating it.

Bought the new chocolate hazelnut flavour. Delicious.
Just had my first 2 scoops... definitely my new favourite Oppo flavour.. had it with some frozen raspberries and a healthy dose of double cream... yummm.. good way to break a fast.. now to test after 2 hours..

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 2 hours after Oppo so looks like it's ok for a special treat..

Was wondering how you got on. I also had a good reading after 2 hours - 5.8 (from 5.1), so a good find! Good idea to have cream with it.

Reactions: bulkbiker

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
What a good idea. Oppo and cream.
I'm going to do that. When I get stocked up!
Freezer bag prep'd for the travel back from newcastle with up to half a dozen. A cold day like today would be ideal but tooooo busy.

Reactions: Goonergal

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just received my Ocado weekly order with a big tub of the chocolate/hazelnut Oppo - but this was ordered too soon to see (@bulkbiker) the voucher offer....But I did get two lots of 3 for £5.00 mini tubs with my previous two food orders. These certainly upped my food bill but don't think the tiny tubs did much to up my glucose levels.

It peeves me a bit now that I spent a small fortune on a posh DIY ice cream maker last summer, and then husband kept on filling up our (two) freezers with his enough-to-feed-an-army-food-stash so I couldn't get much use from it... :banghead::mad::mad::banghead: Had to resort to finding tiny containers to fill so that I could squeeze my ice cream in to odd corners. Which is a benefit of my mini Oppos tubs as OPPOsed to the larger size ones. :wideyed:

Robbity

PS ETA My big tub was on offer this week but the offer on the 3 small ones has ended now...

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel fairly certain anyone signed up for the Oppo newsletters will have had the same email as me this morning. Oppo are offering thier subscribers the opportunity to have a £2 voucher sent to then, to be redeemed in Sainsbury's.

I found the Vanilla rather sweet for me, but I might try another flavour at half price.

The voucher sign up link is here, but I don't know if it is validated against anything.

https://www.oppoicecream.co.uk/lp1voucher/

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel fairly certain anyone signed up for the Oppo newsletters will have had the same email as me this morning. Oppo are offering thier subscribers the opportunity to have a £2 voucher sent to then, to be redeemed in Sainsbury's.

I found the Vanilla rather sweet for me, but I might try another flavour at half price.

The voucher sign up link is here, but I don't know if it is validated against anything.

https://www.oppoicecream.co.uk/lp1voucher/
Just done this excellent offer and good way for me to try out a different flavour.

Reactions: Prem51

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are currently 2 large size tubs for £6 at Ocado - guess what makes up almost half of my next ocado order - just need to concentrate on clearing space in the freezer with some organised meal prep over the next few days
One good thing with Ocado is that if you put in an order while an item is on offer, the offer stands even if you schedule delivery for weeks ahead. When I can be bothered and aomething good is on at a good offer, I will put multiple orders in then just keep moving the delivery day forward

Reactions: Prem51

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Boo1979 - I didn’t know that about offers standing for Ocado. Uh oh... I might have to buy a bigger freezer!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, thanks @DCUKMod. I’ve read a lot about Oppo on this forum but not yet tried it, can’t wait to get stuck in.