oral glucose tolerance test

ronnie794

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
hi
i have been reading about this test and have this morning did it at home and it was fine here are the readings

fbg 8.5
1hr 11.3
2hr 7.6
half an hour after end of test i did some exercise walking on the treadmill did it for 20 mins i then began to feel really shaky,
sweating,ravenous.tested on meter B G 3.9. I had 2 small bananas,4 oatcakes,some cream cheese, a bottle of water. I ate this
as if i had,ent been fed for a week. it took quite a while probably 20-25min i then began to feel a bit better but i have no idea what happening my b g reading was fine and then this i know the f b was probably a bit high it seems to have been the exercise that did it but i still cant understand why anybody have any ideas

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi ronnie!

It is never a good idea to self-diagnose.

Your fasting BG is too high. Your 2-hour is OK given where your fasting was, but not brilliant. Your after exercise was normal. However, if you are diabetic/pre-diabetic, the 2 bananas and 4 oatcakes wasn't a great idea. Please make an appointment and go to your doctor. You might be diabetic, or, more likely, pre-diabetic. Go and get tested and then come back here to let us know. If you do get a positive diagnosis you will get any support you need here.

Smidge