Ozempi

Gagsman 01

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I take Ozempic weekly.
Unfortunately for me the chemist is unable to source my prescription whereby I am left in limbo.
I have rung the surgery twice, explained the case and yet it appears they are uninterested.
Has any other diabetic found themselves in this situation?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take Ozempic weekly.
Unfortunately for me the chemist is unable to source my prescription whereby I am left in limbo.
I have rung the surgery twice, explained the case and yet it appears they are uninterested.
Has any other diabetic found themselves in this situation?
Hello, and welcome, @Gagsman 01 .

Unfortunately we have had lots of members report similar shortages of this and similar meds.

A search of forums ‘ Ozempic shortage’ will assist you finding others in similar situation.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to the forum @Gagsman 01 , yes I was on Victoza which I have been unable to get for about six weeks. I’m now on Rybelsus a tablet version in the same group of meds. Here’s a statement from Diabetes U.K. regarding the situation:

• Informative
  • Useful
Reactions: jjraak and Pipp

LindiePops

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm the same. My Trulicity ended up being prescribed to those that couldn't get Ozempic, but it's now ran out too. After a month of nothing, I'm now on the tablet Rybelsus, but had to get permission from the clinical lead at the Diabetic Clinic (at the hospital) to be prescribed it. Apparently, they're worried about shortages of this too.

My numbers went really high and still aren't back to where they were. Looks like Trulicity won't be back in stock until 2025. All this because of non diabetics being incorrectly prescribed these drugs for quick weight loss!!!