Painkillers?

manxangel

Dislikes
Loud and brash people and arguments
Hello,

right, as you are aware i don't know what type i am yet. but i take novorapid 10ml with every meal now and Lantus 10ml before bed, (first night tonight, quite excited to see if there is a drop in the morning!!!)

Thing is Painkillers? i have read all the stuff and it says ibuprofn is a no no but every painkiller i pick up seems to say that it's a bad idea to take with insulin.

it is just the manufactors covering themselves or is there really an issue. Banging headache at the minute and need some relief!

help? :D

manxangel

Dislikes
banging headache. Think it is all the rushing around seeing the docs and getting to work. Plus the glorious sunshine over here today, would love to just go jump in the sea and cool down.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Paracetamol.Have you discussed the use of painkillers with your GP/nurse? I'm sure there are some you can use with insulin.What say the insulin users on here?

manxangel

Dislikes
fab, thanks, just wary at the moment as it's all a bit new.

still want to go for a dip though. it's all i can see out my window at work, Douglas bay, sunshine, it's torture!!!

thanks for your help!

stabatha

I am type 1 on insulin and take paracetomol and ibuprophen ,i've never had any problems, but if your unsure then ask at surgery. :D

manxangel

Dislikes
lol yeah 10 units. DUH. i get really confused with all this.

Good thing is i appear to be stable today at around 15 even after eating my lovely salad! I'm actually made up. :D

happy days! usually my reading head on over 20 after i've eaten lunch but not today!!!

OH i'm so excited!