Peripheral Neuropathy like nothing i have had before

HappyMondays

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Peripheral Neuropathy like nothing i have had before, whole week of not been able to walk properly two weeks of am tests between 8.8 highest and 7.1 lowest ?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Have you tried R-Alpha Lipoic Acid for your neuropathy? Some members swear by it.

woodenone46

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had Peripheral Neuropathy after chemotherapy in 2008 & had it in feet from mid foot to toes & also in fingers.
Had to really push myself walking & do a little bit more each day if only a further couple of metres. With the fingers was a real pain as have been an unqualified chef for a number of years & I was always cutting my fingers & not knowing until I saw the blood so need to be careful if it is in your fingers.
The worst thing with the feet is when they are cold & although recovered from this was offered no treatment just told that feeling would gradually return & yes it did ( do not want to put any worries into your mind) however do not be surprised if your feet feel cold even in hot weather it happens to some but not all.
Best of luck in getting through this, as said you will need to persevere in walking but do not do to much in one go.

Reactions: HappyMondays

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had Peripheral Neuropathy after chemotherapy in 2008 & had it in feet from mid foot to toes & also in fingers.
Had to really push myself walking & do a little bit more each day if only a further couple of metres. With the fingers was a real pain as have been an unqualified chef for a number of years & I was always cutting my fingers & not knowing until I saw the blood so need to be careful if it is in your fingers.
The worst thing with the feet is when they are cold & although recovered from this was offered no treatment just told that feeling would gradually return & yes it did ( do not want to put any worries into your mind) however do not be surprised if your feet feel cold even in hot weather it happens to some but not all.
Best of luck in getting through this, as said you will need to persevere in walking but do not do to much in one go.

I too have chemo-induced neuropathy in my feet (not fingers) and have had since 2013. My oncologist told me it may improve, it may disappear, or it may not. Mine improved but hasn't disappeared. I was not diabetic at the time. Funnily enough, mine was worse when my feet were hot! It no longer affects things, I just get a bit of burning. My feet have full sensation and a good pulse according to my nurse when she does my annual foot checks.

woodenone46

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately on my foot checks both with Diabetic Nurse & at podiatry clinic I have very little response. My chemo was 10 years ag in January & do not think that I will have anymore improvement now