PItta Bread

Fiona I

Any idea how many carbs are in a wholemeal pitta bread please.
I have some for my lunch with prawns and feta cheese however I forgot to check ???

Fiona I

That's a lot higher than I thought :(

Looks like no other carbs for the rest of day :!: :!:

Will test before lunch and the do a two hour one see what affect they have :eek:

Thanks

Fiona I

Looks like Pitta Bread is off the Menu :(

Before lunch 6.9 :D

1 hour and 45 mins later 11.9 :x

I did have a cuppa soup as well so guessing that may have contributed :wink:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Pitta breads vary quite a bit depending on size and the flour used to make them i guess the only to to know if they are OK is to test them, I find Pitta bread is OK in small to moderate amounts especially when eaten with something like Humus or cheese (feta) as they have quite a high fat content are on the low side GI wise.

If you test 2 hours after you finished your meal and are happy with the reading then the amount you ate is OK for you, if it is a little high then the next time you eat it try a smaller portion, half a pitta or a whole small one perhaps :D

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Fiona I said:
Looks like Pitta Bread is off the Menu :(

Before lunch 6.9 :D

1 hour and 45 mins later 11.9 :x

I did have a cuppa soup as well so guessing that may have contributed :wink:

Depending on which cuppa soup you had, they can be quite high, eg Baxters minestrone 17.9! although their Slim-a-Soup version is 9.3. I have a shock every time I look something up in Carb Counter, lol. This Low Carb way of eating is a fascinating, HUGE learning curve for me. Who says "you can't teach an old dog new tricks", lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Fiona I said:
Might try again tomorrow without the cuppa soup :)[/quote
:) :) How about a mug of oxo or dare I say, Marmite! One tiny little oxo cube has 4 or 4.6g of carbs whilst Marmite has 2.8g per cube. Food for thought ;) good luck :)

K

Kat100

I have a pitta bread with some homemade blacked beans in a spicy sauce.......yummie....

Fiona I

Today I have pitta bread with ham mozzarella cheese rocket spinach and watercress :)
Will leave the soup and see how that goes :D

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Fiona I said:
Today I have pitta bread with ham mozzarella cheese rocket spinach and watercress :)
Will leave the soup and see how that goes :D[/quote

:) Mmmm! Enough for two?? ;) Enjoy :)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Today for lunch I had a bacon and Brie ciabatta, a small one brushed with olive oil and toasted in a George Foreman grill but its the first time I've eaten one since I've had diabetes so it will be interesting to know how I weather it :D

If I do go a bit high its not the end of the world anyway, I treated myself and it was very, very nice..

Fiona I

Sid Bonkers said:
Today for lunch I had a bacon and Brie ciabatta, a small one brushed with olive oil and toasted in a George Foreman grill but its the first time I've eaten one since I've had diabetes so it will be interesting to know how I weather it :D

If I do go a bit high its not the end of the world anyway, I treated myself and it was very, very nice..

That's the idea I thin Sid everything in moderation x :D

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well pre lunch 12:43hrs tested 6.0 mmol/L

Ate small bacon n brie ciabatta and a small portion of tesco fresh fruit salad.

1 hour postprandial @ 13:55hrs 7.1 mmol/L

2 hours postprandial @14:45hrs 5.9 mmol/L (just now :D )

Very happy with this, I assume it must be the bubbles, theres a lot of air in a ciabatta, cant believe Ive not tried one before :thumbup:

Fiona I

Looks like it was the cuppa soup :(

Pre Lunch 9.5 :(

2 hour later 10.5 :( not brilliant but not a massive rise :x

Fiona I

Sid Bonkers said:
Well pre lunch 12:43hrs tested 6.0 mmol/L

Ate small bacon n brie ciabatta and a small portion of tesco fresh fruit salad.

1 hour postprandial @ 13:55hrs 7.1 mmol/L

2 hours postprandial @14:45hrs 5.9 mmol/L (just now :D )

Very happy with this, I assume it must be the bubbles, theres a lot of air in a ciabatta, cant believe Ive not tried one before :thumbup:

That brilliant way better that me :clap: :clap:

toncra1

Dislikes
NHS give completely wrong advice.
Why does everyone feel it is so important to eat BREAD?

Just don`t eat it...

You will find it makes you feel so much better, no more bloated feelings...

If you must have something like it ..try Melba Toasts...about 2 grms of carbs each.