Polyuria.

SirAndy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
ignorance
I'm having a bad day with passing excessive amounts of water. I've probably been to the toilet more than fifty times already and the day isn't done yet. I am exhausted as the blood sugar goes low with all of this.
I'm due to start work the end of July and the prospect fills me with dread.
Trains and other public transport are a nightmare as I never know when I will get one of these days. It's not like I can urinate on the train or bus.

The chemist told me there's a tablet my gp can give me, but I've never been made aware of this. Other than that I can only think of a Catheter.
It stops me from leaving the house at times and brings depression.
My blood sugars aren't abnormally high either which compounds my frustration.

Is there anybody else here who is suffering this and how do you manage to work with this complication. Is it a good move for me to even be working?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have polyuria but I never managed it. When at work life got more and more and more difficult. I am now retired and so it is not a problem but my opinion is that it is disabling. My blood sugars seem to be a separate entity in that I can control them and get reasonable Hba1c's but I pee a lot. I would not like to return to work with this problem.

SirAndy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
ignorance
That's what I find. I neither drink alcohol or excesses amounts of water and my HBa1c people would die to have. It just seems to happen when it wants to if slightly high or low.
I really hope something can be done. I feel like I'm on the scrap heap and I am far from retirement age.
If like you I were of a more senior age as bad as it is I would try to live with it but trying to work with it as you say is disabling.