Post Your Recipes Here!

A

Anonymous

Kippers

Had a Craster kipper for brekkie today. Soaked it in boiled water for 10 minutes from frozen which prevented the pong from pervading the house ... it's now just my breath with is socially unacceptable.

Reactions: 2 people

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
Came across a recipe for a smoothie today that some of us may be able to cope with. Does contain apples and bananas and I am aware nanas can be a no-no for some.

http://www.apple-pinklady.com/recipes/wake-up-the-senses-smoothie.html - looking at some of the other recipes they are not unreasonable and some could be adjusted / flours substituted

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Attachments

• chocolate icecream 1 napis.jpg
    chocolate icecream 1 napis.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,733

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
have tried most or your recipes and they are all great, my latest was your lemon cake......wow

Thankyou!

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks Andy. Actually lemon cake is one of my favourite recipes. Im planning to make something with jelly soon. Especially for you :D

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Hi Everyone, can anyone tell me which is the best vanilla to buy and extract or pods, thanks, Deb

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think pods are better but extract much cheaper and still good for baking

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you ewelina

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ewelina, could you please point me to your recipe for Lemon cake. I put it in the search engine but it didn't come up, thanks

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
Ok, as I sit here stuffed after my first forage into cooking a nice piece of Cod loin from Morrissons (and no flames in site). I thought I would let you know how I did it.

Preheated oven to 1900c
mixed a little olive oil with chopped parsley and rubbed into fish
wrapped the fish with cooking foil to make a wee parcel
placed on a baking tray and cooked in the oven for 20 minutes.

I was going to have some salad with it, but honestly I just don't have any room, how can something that tastes this good be good for you :p

Mark

Netty70

zaphod37 said:
Ok, as I sit here stuffed after my first forage into cooking a nice piece of Cod loin from Morrissons (and no flames in site). I thought I would let you know how I did it.

Preheated oven to 1900c
mixed a little olive oil with chopped parsley and rubbed into fish
wrapped the fish with cooking foil to make a wee parcel
placed on a baking tray and cooked in the oven for 20 minutes.

I was going to have some salad with it, but honestly I just don't have any room, how can something that tastes this good be good for you :p

Mark

Mmm sounds yummy :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Allic1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
ENERGY MUFFINS

Makes 6 Muffins or 15 buns (Carb count for 15 buns is 7g carbs, 3g sugars 112 cals, 8g fat, 1g protein, 13g sodium)

Sift together
1/3 cup Splenda
2/3 cup of Atta Flour (or any other flour you want to use)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1.5 tsp baking powder

Then add and mix
1/3 cup sultanas
2/3 cup grated carrot (100g)
1/2 an apple grated (I used a pink lady)
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup Chopped Slivered Almonds (or walnuts)

Finally add and mix
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup Peanut oil (or Canoil oil or light olice oil)

Divide between the bun or muffin tins
bake at 180 degrees or Gas mark 4 for 15-20 minutes until golden
Enjoy :wink:

Allic1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Muesli Bars
Makes 24 Snack size bars
120cals, 12g Carbs, 7g Fat, 3g Protein, 14g Sodium, 6g Sugar per bar)

You can mess around with this recipe and omit the eggs and bake on a large tray if you want something that resembles granola

Ingredients

65 g brown rice
1 tbsp flaxseeds (linseeds)
1 tbsp chia seeds
half Pink lady apple grated(or any sweet apple) - optional omit if you want a crunchier bar
200 g your choice of chopped dried fruit (e.g. dates, apricots, cranberries, sultanas, goji berries etc.)
90 g whole oats
70 g mixed unsalted nuts
25 g coconut, desiccated
4 tbsp splenda
2 tbsp pepitas or sunflower seeds
50 ml peanut oil
2 large eggs
50 g Raw Honey or Rice Malt Syrup (rice malt syrup has a lower carb/sugar ratio than honey)
5 g unsweetened Cocoa (to give it a darker look) - optional

Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C/Gas mark 4. Line the base and sides of a 3cm deep, 20 x 30cm rectangular pan with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang.
Add the flaxseeds, chia seeds and brown rice to your mixer and grind.
Add the grated apple and all the chopped dried fruit to your mixer and mix slightly.
Add all of the remaining ingredients. mix until well combined. Check that the dry ingredients are completely coated in the wet.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan using the spatula. Use the back of a metal spoon or the bottom of a heavy glass to press the mixture evenly into the pan and smooth the surface.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes in the pan before lifting onto a cooking rack to cool completely before cutting.

Enjoy :wink:

Hazehkm

Okay sorry if anyone has already posted this somewhere - doing this super fast...

This is quite literally an extremely fast and insanely simple way of getting a little sweet treat if you're craving... just enough to have a little sweet snack.... prob sounds stupidly basic (I do cook more elaborate things, I promise!) - but I just tried this after a recommendation and wanted to mention it as it's so quick and easy - and satisfies those little cravings without the guilt.

Take an apple - any apple of your choice, chop it up into small chunks - skin optional. Pop it in any microwavable dish.

Get some cinnamon powder - sprinkle a very very light dusting over the apple.

Pop in the microwave for about 2 mins.... DONE.

Instant yumminess!! No added nasties. If you're eating apples as part of your diet then this is just another option for a snack than just eating it normal. It actually tastes like it should be way more naughty than it is. I just had it and it was delish! Was absolutely yummy all on its own - but I guess if you're into plain greek yoghurt as part of your diet, that would be a gorgeous accompaniment.

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

Re: Ice delight!

I just made coconut ice with unsweetened coconut , water, and xylitol....keeping it in the fridge....amazed it worked I am calling ice delight....put a bit of melted green and blacks on the top.....not bad first go....kx