Post Your Recipes Here!

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried this yesterday and it was yum!

Keto fish pie:

Fish pie mix - Aldi has just brought in a really good frozen version and it's half the price of M&S
Half tin anchovies in olive oil (Aldi again)
Prawns (on Special in guess where?)
Cheese grated or sliced thinly
Leeks sliced very thinly
Butter
Olive oil

All quantities "some".

Put fish pie mix and prawns in deep oven-proof bowl
Snip up anchovies and scatter in mix with oil from tin
Put leeks on top
Add cheese, butter and olive oil on top of leeks
Shove in oven and bake medium high for 30 minutes - check and bake for longer if needed.

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
Put any fish in the oven to cook(wild pink salmon is really nice)
About 5 mins before it is ready I mix 1 tsp of mustard in some Elmlea single cream. Then
Pour over. Then back in the oven to finish. Served with your choice of veg. yummy.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
About 5 mins before it is ready I mix 1 tsp of mustard in some Elmlea single cream. Then
Pour over. Then back in the oven to finish. Served with your choice of veg. yummy.
Sounds very nice amd very easy, but I would use real ordinary single cream as Elmea is made from heavily processed oils and thickeners (emulsifiers). Its not really cream at all

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds lovely but I would use real cream like @MrsA2 suggests, I would go more for double cream rather than single, single can split and go watery. The Elmlea Aldo has sugar in it and is almost 4g carb per 100ml.

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Sugar-free Protein Cookies​

These cookies make all your wildest dreams come true. That is, if you dream was to eat a cookie that packs a whopping 10 grams of protein! The high quality ingredients like chickpeas, almond butter and protein powder, result in too good to be true slices of heaven. Use these cookies to keep your blood sugars balanced, curb your appetite, repair your muscles after an intense workout, or just because you need a snack and they taste so darn delicious!

Makes 10 cookies
Gluten Free
Dairy Free
Sugar Free
Vegetarian

Ingredients:

1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
1 large organic egg or 1 flax egg [1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoon water]
1/3 cup unsweetened carob chips or chocolate chips
¼ cup almond butter1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
30 grams protein powder
1/8 teaspoon powdered white stevia

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350F

To make this recipe even easier, put all ingredients except your carob chips into a blender or food processor. Blend until everything is well incorporated.

Move your dough into a large bowl, and stir in your carob chips by hand.

Using your hands, form the dough into cookie balls, and place on a baking sheet – leaving enough room for the cookies to expand a little.

Toss your cookies in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. When you start to see the cookies crack on the top, they should be ready!

Make It This Way

The amount of stevia you need in each recipe depends on which type you are using, To ensure you don’t make the recipe too sweet, start with a smaller amount and taste the mixture before the egg is added in. Add more as needed. If you prefer, you could substitute the stevia in this recipe with 1/3 cup of coconut sugar.

Feel free to use your favourite protein powder in this recipe, while keeping in mind the flavor of your powder will influence the taste of the cookies – so its wise that you enjoy the flavor before you start baking! These cookies taste great with a combination of vanilla rice protein and plain hemp protein powders.

Try This

Try it with exercise! Enjoy 1-2 of these cookies right after a strength-training workout and your muscles will thank you. Protein works to repair muscles and prevent next-day muscle soreness.

Reactions: Stephen Bond

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had this with the meal when eating at a friend's house, and thought I'd share:

Aubergine thinly (no, thinner than that) sliced and drizzled with olive oil, butter or both, and sprinkled with a small amount of sumac. Bake or grill.

Oh my word it's GOOD.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Outlier - that’s sounds delicious- I love aubergine and sumac - will give this a go when I get an aubergine:)

Sploshy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought I'd share my veg curry recipe.
I use a frying pan, airfryer and slow cooked. But you can do it with just a frying pan/oven if you need to.

This makes 4 large or 6 small servings.

Ingredients
1/2 butternut squash
1 aubergine
1 large courgette
3 peppers (usually red/green/orange I use but green is fine)
1 large onion
1 clove or equivalent 1tsp lazy garlic
1 tin chickpeas
I carton tomato passata/tomato paste
A few cubes of unsalted butter
Spice - I usually mix my own (1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp turmeric, 1tsp curry powder or lazy chilli, 4 cardamon pods) Or use shop-bought curry spice.

Process:
First, turn on your slow cooker to heat on low
Start by chopping all your veg into small chunks/cubes (except onion, which needs slicing)
Put your first veg in an air fryer tossed in a small amount olive oil (I usually cook each type separately as they cook at different speeds)
You need to cook until just roasted. Then tip into slow cooker and repeat for all your veg.

While your veg is cooking...

Warm a frying pan on the hob and add a small cube of butter
Add your sliced onion to the pan. Leave to cook until soft but not brown.
Add your garlic and warm through, then toss in your spice and warm through. (about 1-2 mins)
Add a carton of passata, stir through. Two squeezes of paste and 1/4 mug water.
Stir through and leave to simmer for about 15 mins.
Add more water, depending on how you like your sauce - thick or more runny.
Taste and add more chili if you like it spicy.
Add a couple of chunks of butter and melt, then add to your slow cooker.
Finally, add your tin of chickpeas and continue to heat until warmed.
You can leave this in your slow cooker until you are ready to eat.

If you only have a pan and oven - roast all your veg in the oven and keep them to the side. Once your sauce has simmered, add them to the pan of sauce.

This can be eaten alone or with some cauliflower rice, or gram flour poppadoms.

You could make the sauce and add chicken as an alternative.
For a quicker veg version - just make the sauce and add tin chickpeas and tin green lentils.

Enjoy!

mysorian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Re: Recipes.

Pea and spinach salad.
Quantities, you decide, but this lasts quite a few days in the fridge.

Spinach
Frozen peas
Freash peasto, much better than jars and probably better for you.

Bring to the boil a goodly amount of peas. Take off the heat, drain and cool in a basin of cold water.

FRESH PESTO
In a blender place a good handful or two of fresh basil, a handful of pine nuts, fresh parmesan, S&P and olive oil and blend until a nice soft paste.

Toss the uncooked spinach, cold peas and pesto together and serve. It's fantastic with chicken.
Too much carbo in peas.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Stove top Spaghetti Bolognaise

1 Large onion finely diced
2 Red Bell peppers finely diced
2 or 3 sticks ( depending on size ) of Celery finely diced
3 cloves of garlic crushed
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 small jar of red pesto
1 tube of tomato puree ( all of it )
I whole packet ( lidls) fresh Basil chopped
1 tablespoons of dried oregano
2 tablespoons of dried mixed herbs
1 lb of Aberdeen Angus mince
1 Knor beef stock pot
1/3 to half bottle of red wine
1 table spoon of sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
Fry beef mince in pan with olive oil to seal meat then set aside
Put 1st four items in large nonstick saucepan with olive oil and butter
fry for 10 mins or until soft , add tin of tomatos and whole tube of tomato purée and jar of red pesto , mix well, add oregano and mixed herbs with salt and pepper mix well ,
add sealed beef mince and stir well,
add wine and beef stock cube and stir well
turn heat to lowest setting and simmer for 2 -2/12 hours
add sugar after about 1 hr
Serve with spaghetti or my preference Linguini ….enjoy