Pre diabetes & gallbladder

Sharprita

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I would appreciate some advice. Been diagnosed prediabetic 2 years ago and I have been controlling it on LCHFwhich has worked very well. In January I had my gall bladder removed and now supposed to be on low fat . I am trying to juggle the two diets and don't know what to do for the best . Any advice would be appreciated, thankyou

Last edited:

Sharprita

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Many thanks , I have just read the posts and think I will have to choose my fats carefully and see how I go. I have cut down on fats but I have noticed I'm feeling hungrier than normal. I haven't gained any weight but I do have problems after certain foods.i drink a lot of tonic water as I find that helps with the discomfort and is low in carbs.Its mind boggling. Hanks again Alison

JoycieW

I had my gallbladder removed 2 years ago. I find that I can tolerate most fats now. I still tend to trim fat off meat after cooking. I'm fine with olive oil, avocado and cheese.

Sharprita

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou. I usually cook with Olive or coconut oil. Cheese isn't a problem and I love salads so I've been having lots of salads . Am on holiday in Lanzarote at the moment and am struggling a bit as everything seems to be either chips or canarian potatoes which are baked in salt. The pasta I normally would have had before the diabetes is also now a no no so really limited

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Sharprita,
Introduce high quality fats progressively re olive oil and coconut oil as suggested. My wife had her gall bladder out in the mid 70's and it has not been a problem for her and she is still fine. However if some still have a gall bladder and bile duct problems, fats are a horrid source of excruciating pain. It is ironic really because many believe stones in the gall bladder are caused by high carb diets. D.

Last edited: