prediabetes or someth. else?

eleos

Hello

First of all sorry for my English. I am from Greece.

3 years ago i started to lift weights and in my desire to become big i ate a lot. From 170 pounds i went to 195 in a couple of months(fat and muscle). But unfortunately my problems started. I had indigestion ,gas, belching and i was tired.

I went to the doctor and i did some exams. My blood sugar was 103 in the morning. But i also did the hba1c test and the result was 5.4. Generally i am just under prediabetes. I also bought a glucose meter and my fasting glucose is 90 and after food 100-120.

When i eat big meals i feel terrible and it is not just the carbs. I tried the paleo diet and when i ate a big steak i felt terrible. So what works is small meals. I can eat potatoes and chicken breast and i feel fine. Let's say 1 potato(200g) and 150g of chicken breast. Even simple sugars or fruits in small portions don't bother me. But if i eat 3 or 4 potatoes i feel terrible and tingling in my gut .

But here is my question. If i do some fast,eat small meals with no saturated fats after few days my indigestion goes away. But after i start eating more and gain weight my indigestion and fatique comes back. It's like the prediabetes comes and goes away. Also after a hard workout i feel good and hungry and i digest the food better. When i don,t workout i feel that my body can't digest the food.

P.s i am at a healthy weight. I am 183cm and 81 kilos. I exercise 3 times per week.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@eleos it would be interesting if you could start a food diary to track the foods you each at each meal and when you experience indigestion. Gluten, sometimes dairy are common offenders. If you can identify the food that's causing the problem, try eliminating it for 30 days and document how you feel, then reintroduce the food and document how you feel. If you feel better without the food, then worse with the food, you probably have a food sensitivity to that food.

In general, you need to eat either a high carb and low fat diet, or a low carb and high fat diet. (Protein is the same across all diets).

If you eat both high carb and high fat, you'll overwhelm your body with too many calories.

If you eat low carb and low or no fat, you'll starve with not enough calories.

Also, and this is important, if your protein intake is in excess of what your body needs at any meal, it will be converted to glucose. Not what you want.

However you eat, eating lots of whole healthy foods - (meat, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs, and nuts, vegetables, and healthy fats, with smaller amounts of whole grains, starchy root vegetables, legumes, and fruit and few or no processed foods works well for most of us.

With a fasting glucose level of 100+, you've crossed over or are close to crossing over into pre-diabetes. It's good that you recognize that you need to make changes to how you're eating.