Prediabetic 28 yo

Berutiel

Hi, I'm Mary and I'm 28 with a son of 2, I was diagnosed as prediabetic 2 years ago (but I've always known it because at the age of 10 my mom did me a test for this and she has got diabetes of type 2). In the last year I was and I'm trying to lose weight (I lost nearly 4.5 stones), I'm trying to cut down sugar in my diet because I know that I always eat too much chocolate or pasta (Italian girl here so its genetic ) and I'm trying different kinds of diets (Leto, vegan, pescatarian), still trying to find my way. Anybody who is in the same boat? Anybody wants to chat about this?

charlie000

Hi, I'm Mary and I'm 28 with a son of 2, I was diagnosed as prediabetic 2 years ago (but I've always known it because at the age of 10 my mom did me a test for this and she has got diabetes of type 2). In the last year I was and I'm trying to lose weight (I lost nearly 4.5 stones), I'm trying to cut down sugar in my diet because I know that I always eat too much chocolate or pasta (Italian girl here so its genetic ) and I'm trying different kinds of diets (Leto, vegan, pescatarian), still trying to find my way. Anybody who is in the same boat? Anybody wants to chat about this?
Dear Mary

I am a similar age of you and I am pre-diabetic. My weight is well beyond what it should be (I am OBESE). Your mothers test, at home? I don't think that can be certain. You should get an A1C blood test.

A lot of people on this website follow LCHF, and it is very interesting to learn why they do it:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/low-carb-diet-forum.18/

I am recommending you these links to look in to a LCHF. I am not encouraging you to follow this, just learn and take things from there. Always consult your healthcare pro.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. The best diet will usually be a low-carb one i.e. all carbs and not just sugar. Just keep the carbs down and have enough fats and proteins to keep you feeling full. If you still want chocolate then go for the 85% dark types.