Pregnant 28 weeks today

lucybots

Hey everyone.
I am type 1 for two years now and pregnant 28 weeks along
My pregnancy has been coming so well the baby has been growing at normal rates until last week.iv suddenly gained 4kg in a space of 5 days and my stomach has I think doubled in size from last week.my sugars hav been well controlled except for the morning readings bt I was dealin with that. I guess m having anxiety issues now and would prefer any words of comfort and on how far along I can reach as I am terrified of giving birth early

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Hey everyone.
I am type 1 for two years now and pregnant 28 weeks along
My pregnancy has been coming so well the baby has been growing at normal rates until last week.iv suddenly gained 4kg in a space of 5 days and my stomach has I think doubled in size from last week.my sugars hav been well controlled except for the morning readings bt I was dealin with that. I guess m having anxiety issues now and would prefer any words of comfort and on how far along I can reach as I am terrified of giving birth early
I was not diabetic when pregnant but had hellp syndrome and my beautiful daughter was born at 29 weeks. She is almost 10 now, totally healthy and fine! They will leave your baby until they need to take him/her out! Hope this reassures you! Big hug and congratulations!

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sounds like you are doing very well...from memory, a sudden 4kg is only the start of blowing up like a balloon. wait until you have to get hubby to help you up off the lounge :)