Prescription for test strips & monitor for Type 2

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@moonshine195 - The Diabetes Nurse gave you a meter to Test, did she not prescribe test strips on prescription?

Stuart7152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Stuart7152 - I am a Type 2 too - same thing , diet & exercise and they would review my bloods in 3 months. That's now changed until 4 months after diagnoses because that's how the practice works. only stated monitoring my sugars because I was feeling shaky, going light headed and feeling confused. Was told by my DSN that it wasn't a hypo.but she would give me a machine to test my sugar on. The test strips are dear but it's helped me manage and accept my diabetes which has been hard. Good Luck .

Cheers moonshine195, I went to see DSN today for my 3 month blood test and mentioned at the appointment that I was not happy without been prescribed BGM/strips and she was surprised I hadn't already by Doctor, but she's new to the practice. She later said the NHS had stopped preventive medicine to save money!!!. I asked for comment on LCHF diet as I was thinking of changing my diet as nobody from the surgery had to date every mentioned anything about limiting carb's , quite the opposite with the food pyramid/balanced diet approach and I'm really concerned that I had wasted an opportunity for the last year to make better progress. Have to wait until next week to see Doctor, but have bought a BGM myself and will start testing my BG from tomorrow and will see what my current diet is spiking at. If it has any high's I will be giving my Doctor both barrels as so far he just keeps saying do what you are doing as made good progress so far and refuses to set any macro nutrient limits or targets. This seems strange to me, but have started reviewing this forum in depth for information and its helping greatly.

Reactions: Liam1955