Problems with blood sugars.

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Today after 2 hours of lunch I was 5.9. 20 minutes after with no food or drink I was 14.8. What's this all about? Also 2.9 in the night and no symptoms? What's going on?

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Today after 2 hours of lunch I was 5.9. 20 minutes after with no food or drink I was 14.8. What's this all about? Also 2.9 in the night and no symptoms? What's going on?
I think when you see your DSN on 2 October he or she should be able to help you figure out what's happening. Good luck, you'll get there :)

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Type 1? It's probably the timing of your bolus that's wrong. Type 2, sorry I haven't a clue. I'll leave it to the Type 2s.

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
[QUmy experienceE="s.sollis, post: 957013, member: 209054"]Today after 2 hours of lunch I was 5.9. 20 minutes after with no food or drink I was 14.8. What's this all about? Also 2.9 in the night and no symptoms? What's going on?[/QUOTE]
In my experience if I'm late for for meals, my reading will start going up.So by keeping a regular meal times with tabets and exercise I seem to get it under control, so far.

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
S . Sollis My day start with BG test and follow by monitoring it during the day ( what to eat, how much and when )
Particularly before my swimming ( one form of exercises that I do ) an hour after a meal: it might read 15 mmol/l, swim 64 laps in 45 minutes, it reduces to 5or 6 mmol/l! When I cannot get to the pool a brisk walk with a bottle of 500ml water also get high BG down too. I am 57 and have been experimented on myself for the last 17 years. My mood also play an important roll too: if I feeling angry or upset it reaches up to 20 mmol/l!! So I practice meditation by just breathing in order to control it.
I hope this helps you a bit. P S find the exercise that you like and good luck with the controlling the BG.
[QUmy experienceE="s.sollis, post: 957013, member: 209054"]Today after 2 hours of lunch I was 5.9. 20 minutes after with no food or drink I was 14.8. What's this all about? Also 2.9 in the night and no symptoms? What's going on?
In my experience if I'm late for for meals, my reading will start going up.So by keeping a regular meal times with tabets and exercise I seem to get it under control, so far.[/QUOTE]

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My approach towards diabetes, one of them :
I am putting my need before anyone else when I come to meal times, I am not being selfish.
I used to wait for the others, result, I felt sick plus a dreadful headache and low BG BELOW 4 mmol/l. They have to accept that I am not normal ha, ha.

Reactions: 2 people